• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

British Touring Car Championship

Public Group active 2 months, 2 weeks ago

The group for BTCC fans.

Aron Smith to Motorbase

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bendanarama Bendanarama 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bendanarama
    Bendanarama
    Participant

Looks like Motorbase are running three cars this year, with Mat Jackson, Liam Griffin and now Aron Smith using the S2000 Focus ST.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2840

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

The continuity will be good for them but isn’t the car getting a little long in the tooth?

Pity James Thompson isn’t coming back with them. Hope Griffin has a better season than he did last year.

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

Aron Smith finished 2nd in the Clio Cup last year so he has potential, Griffin only seems to be there for his sponsorship though (he’s the MD of Addison Lee).

Regarding the car, it should still be competitive (to begin with anyway) but as the season progresses I expect the S2000 cars to fall down the field. Even though the Focus has an NGTC engine, it has smaller brakes and tyres than the full NGTC specification cars. How old are those Focus’ (Foci?) now? Did Arena build new cars for 2010, if not then the Motorbase cars date back to 2009.

Profile photo of Bendanarama
    Bendanarama
    Participant

I seem to recall that arena built new cars for 2010, but don’t quote me on that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.