Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

British Touring Car Championship

Public Group active 1 month ago

The group for BTCC fans.

BTCC Brands Hatch: Jordan wins the Championship!

This topic contains 34 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of robk23 robk23 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    robk23
    Participant

Based on his performance at Croft, it appears Jake Hill is genuinely talented and it’s great to see him in NGTC machinery.

Ratboy
    Keymaster

I agree there!
    also it seems Paul Rivett has damaged his leg and now wont be at Brands, handing the Clio title to Josh Files.

the worst way to lose a title since the MX-5 cup finale at Oulton Park was cancelled to allow the air ambulance to take off! lol

robk23
    Participant

Matt Neal is fit (enough) to race at Brands after surgery on his broken finger. Honda ran Matt and Alain Menu in a test at Donington Park yesterday.

Ratboy
    Keymaster

Whilst Andy Neate misses out with pneumonia. seeing as his car is for sale and his ability is limited it’s not a bad problem for him, he seems to think he can get 2 new cars ready next season.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

Jordan and Neal out of Race 2! Turkington bit his bullet in Race 1 so it’s Plato who is now in the driving seat!

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Wow… Race 2 has been a shocker. It’s between Jordan and Plato now then (Shedden has an outside chance)… and Jordan is well on his back foot.

Plato will start wherever he pulls the reverse grid (hopefully 10th) while Jordan starts 24th. With a 15 Point lead though, he only needs to finish 8th to claim the title, even if Plato wins and sets fastest lap.

robk23
    Participant

So the outsider is now the closest challenger to Jordan! This just proves that you should never discount Plato from the title battle. So race three sees just three contenders left, it’s going to make great viewing!

Oli Peacock
    Participant

For Jordan to win:

10th if Plato wins
    13th if Plato is 2nd
    15th if Plato is 3rd

For Plato to win:

3rd if Jordan is 15th
    2nd if Jordan is 13th
    1st if Jordan is 10th

For Shedden to win:

1st if Jordan is 15th
    1st with FLAP if Jordan is 14th
    and not draw with Plato, who has more Wins

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Thrilling stuff so far. What an upset it would be if Plato snatched it…

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@keithcollantine – Yeah, I’d be upset alright!

Plato is like marmite, you either love him or hate him, and I feel the same about Plato as I do marmite.

And I don’t like marmite.

EDIT: The conditions are now greasy however – The exact conditions that the MG absolutely hates.

Mathers
    Participant

I am amazed by the racing, and I would love to see Plato get this, he was rank outsider first off, and now he is leading challenger to Jordan. Also, he can’t carry on for an awful lot longer, and I think Jordan will be a big part of the championship for many years.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

Weather Update: Rain falling again, swing back to the MG’s

MazdaChris
    Participant

Really looking forward to this last race. For all its faults (and there certainly are a lot of them), BTCC does seem to serve up these nailbiting finishes to the season.

Feel like this season may have one last twist to the tale..

robk23
    Participant

We’ve got the three title contenders starting this race in reverse order of their points positions, this could be very entertaining.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

AJ could really do with Jeff Smith to take out people right now haha

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.