Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

British Touring Car Championship

Public Group active 3 days, 13 hours ago

The group for BTCC fans.

BTCC Round 3: Thruxton (Jackson claims race 1, Shedden dominates races 2 & 3)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of rob lomas rob lomas 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

I went up to Thruxton today (being only 20 minutes away) to buy some tickets and visited the paddock. I saw Rob Austin unloading his car (which is still awaiting a fresh engine) and also had a nice long chat with Dave Newsham’s chief mechanic, who informed me that Saturday will be a washout, while Sunday will be interrupted with light and heavy showers. This could be an interesting weekend.

On a side note, I will unfortunately not be able to do my usual practice, qualifying and race day updates/reports, as I will actually be up at Thruxton and will not have access to a Laptop. Maybe @ratboy could do them instead?

Also, is anyone else going to Thruxton, do I remember you saying you will be there @keithcollantine?

robk23
    Participant

I’ll be there, it’ll be my third BTCC weekend in a row. I’ve never been to Thruxton before so I’m excited to visit a new track.

Ratboy
    Keymaster

I’ll be there on the Sunday and travelling on Saturday so I wont be able too.
    mmm need to pack some waterproofs

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@robk23 – Are you just going for race day of the Saturday as well?
    @ratboy – ah, Where d’you plan on sitting, I’m going to be up at the complex?
    @olliekart – Would you mind doing the updates then?

robk23
    Participant

@bradley13 I’m going on both days. Expect to see me hanging around the paddock, I watched qualifying at Donington from the back of the Honda garage.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@robk23 – I’ll be walking around the paddock on Saturday, as of race day I will be sat at the complex however. Wow, how did you get in there?!

Ratboy
    Keymaster

I’ll be down at the first chicane with @EmmaDouglas91 and @TheScottWilkes and we’ll be trolling around the paddock early on as well.

Master firelee
    Participant

Il be there too its my first time watching the btcc live and im going on the sunday but im not sure what time i need to get there, can anybody tell me?

robk23
    Participant

@bradley13 I wasn’t in there, I was standing outside the garage by the barriers watching what was going on inside the garage. It’s not brilliant but it’s probably better than sitting in a grandstand.

Ratboy
    Keymaster

@master-firelee Pit lane walkabout starts at 9:45 and the first race is Ginetta Supercup at 10:45 then the first BTCC race. its looking wet for the weekend

Master firelee
    Participant

@Ratboy thank you for info, looking forward to it despite the more than likely rain.

Ratboy
    Keymaster

@master-firelee I’ve been goin to BTCC for years, first time in the rain for me, i’ve always been lucky it seems lol
    well it’d been damp but never full on raining,

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@bradley13 Alas not this weekend. Have fun and stay dry!

Bradley Downton
    Participant

I’ve been to the BTCC at Thruxton every year since 2004 (with the exception of 2007) and it’s been dry every year, guess my luck had to change somewhen! :P
    @ratboy – The first chicane? What corner’s d’you mean by that exactly? I’ll be at Campbell/Cobb.
    @master-firelee – It depends where you’re sitting. If you have grandstand tickets booked, you only need to get there before the racing starts as you are guaranteed a seat, if you are just viewing from spectator area’s though, I normally get there abour 9 to get a decent spot.
    @robk23 – Ah right, might have to see how many garages I can take cover in during qualifying :L
    @keithcollantine – I’ll try my best although I can’t see it working very well! Also, maybe me and some of the others going could write up a piece for a sort of ‘From the stand’ section? Try and get some more people into watching the BTCC? Your thoughts?

robk23
    Participant

That was an exciting qualifying. The top six cars are all different (Honda, MG, Toyota, Ford, Vauxhall and BMW) and there’s no shortage of cars out of position so I think we’re going to see some good racing tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.