Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

British Touring Car Championship

Public Group active 3 weeks, 5 days ago

The group for BTCC fans.

BTCC Round 4: Oulton Park (Neal clinches Race 3 Victory from Plato)

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of robk23 robk23 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    robk23
    Participant

So this weekend after the early season break, racing resumes at Oulton Park in Cheshire. Jason Plato and Gordon Shedden go very well at this circuit but Shedden should have an advantage in the slightly better Honda. Of course both Honda and MG have been testing during the break so this is where we’ll see what effect that’s had.

I’ll be going seeing as it’s my local circuit, it’ll also be the last race I’m attending until my proper home circuit at Silverstone later in the year. It should be a good weekend providing it doesn’t rain, I’ll get home straight after race three to watch the Canadian GP too! Is anyone else attending?

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@robk23 Sadly, much as I love Oulton and had a blast there at last year’s BTCC race, I won’t be able to make it this time. Have fun!

robk23
    Participant

Thorney Motorsport won’t be appearing at Oulton or Croft, but former Formula 2 driver Will Bratt will make his series debut in the RAR Audi A4.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@robk23 – How dare you! I normally start these threads! ;) haha. Really, Will Bratt’s taking the second Audi seat… I need a word with a one Mr.Austin… I applied for that seat! :P

robk23
    Participant

@bradley13 Ok First the worst, second the best… :-D I don’t know if Will is doing selected events or finishing the season, I suppose I can always ask him if I know what he looks like. All I know is he’s from Oxfordshire so he’ll have my support!

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@robk23 – I also just read that he’ll be the only Audi representative, with Rob himself missing it after damage sustained at Thruxton :(

robk23
    Participant

I suspect Rob missing the event is more down to his budget running out, he can’t run around with ‘This is a Marketing Opportunity’ on his car forever.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

reminds me of HRT from last year…

robk23
    Participant

Does anyone know who will be joining Toby Moody in commentary this weekend seeing as Tim Harvey will be racing in the British GT Championship at Rockingham? Paul O’Neill would seem the logical answer.

Alehud42
    Participant

Hopefully Plato can extend his lead while the two Hondas are busy taking points off each other.

infernojim
    Participant

I’ll be there on Sunday, and I’m looking forward to it! Should be good…

xjr15jaaag
    Participant

Plato on pole, which is excellent :)

robk23
    Participant

That MG must be good if it managed to get pole position with maximum success ballast onboard.

Jordan

I disagree with alehud42 and xjr15jaaag’s points. Just saying.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@jord93 – I’m with you totally mate, can’t stand the bloke as a driver. Great guy though. Anyway, rather… quiet first two races. Stupid of Jackson and Collard in race 2… shame Welch got done for the podium. Hopefully Onslow-Cole can have a good third race from pole :).
    Shame about Wrathall, and Will Bratt, who looked set for a good weekend :/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.