Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

British Touring Car Championship

Public Group active 1 month ago

The group for BTCC fans.

BTCC Round 5: Croft (Roundup: Neal, Shedden and Plato claim honours)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Bradley Downton Bradley Downton 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

Matt Neal has today taken pole position for the first race of the BTCC at Croft tomorrow. Neal is on pole from Andrew Jordan, with Championship leader, and Neal’s teammate Gordon Shedden in third. Frank Wrathall will start a fantastic fourth in his Dynojet Toyota while the third title protagonist Jason Plato could only manage 5th. Rpb Collard won the battle of the rear wheel drive cars to nick 6th from Rob Austin’s Audi, while Mat Jackson, Andy Neate and Tom Onslow-Cole round out the top 10. Adam Morgan is an impressive 11th, while his teammate (the returning Paul O’Neill) could only manage 18th after problems with his Toyota Avensis. Will Bratt could only manage 21st out of 23 cars in the second Audi A4 (the first time Rob Austin Racing have run two Audi’s) and Chris James props up the grid.

robk23
    Participant

Ok third time lucky, hopefully I’ll get to finish writing my post without the page refreshing!

The S2000 are continuing their slow and inevitable march towards the back of the grid. It’s good to see that Frank Wrathall beat Jason Plato on merit, it’s a shame to see Paul O’Neill struggle and Dan Welch so far down the order after his impressive outing at Oulton Park.

Luckily the races tomorrow don’t clash with the European GP, I don’t know who decided to schedule the races for such unusual times though. Anyway the races are at the following times, with races one and two bookending the Grand Prix.

Race 1: 12:02
    Race 2: 14:37
    Race 3: 17:12

sato113
    Participant

when is the clio cup race? and hows nic hamilton doing in season 2?

robk23
    Participant

The Clio Cup doesn’t go to Croft, their season will resume at Snetterton.

robk23
    Participant

I’m not sure if team orders were involved in that final race with the MGs. I’ll have to see that overtake again but it looked a bit easy, it would have been nice for Andy Neate to win or at least get on the podium but some things just aren’t meant to be I guess. If the MGs stayed 1-2 with Neate ahead they might have had a 1-2 finish?

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Neate was painfully slow to be honest. Though I probably agree with the team orders. Rather… quiet, racing today. Shame that Wrathall and O’Neill has such unlucky weekends. What does Wrathall have to do?! Nice to see Austin on the podium though, and T.O-C in the final race.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.