• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

British Touring Car Championship

Public Group active 1 day, 18 hours ago

The group for BTCC fans.

Ciceley to race a Mercedes… A-Class

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of ajokay ajokay 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Ciceley Racing are going to enter a Mercedes in the BTCC next year:

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3565

Though it’s undoubtedly a good thing to see another manufacturer being represented, it’s a shame they’re using an A-Class instead of one of Mercedes’ racier models.

In the DTM they have M3s and C-Classes, the BTCC’s 1 Series and A-Classes are making it look rather like a supermarket car park championship.

Jarred Walmsley
    Participant

Not sure if you’ve seen it, but the A45 is a spectacularly racy car, 355hp 450NM, most powerful 2L engine in the world, 0-100 in 4.6sec. Sounds fantastic, can’t wait to see a race verison.

Force Maikel
    Participant

Not a big fan of mercedes in general but the A class is far above a supermarket car park racer. I’m looking to own one myself actually even though I’m not a mercedes fan.

It will look more racier then any Renault Clio ever will I’m afraid.

robk23
    Participant

The Mercedes A Class is on my shortlist for my next new car in a couple of years so I’m pleased there will be a Merc in the BTCC next year. I don’t recall a Mercedes ever being raced in the BTCC before?

George
    Participant

Well, it’s better than a Passat…

Carlitox
    Participant

Looks very nice! Never seen a race-spec A-class before. However, I’m bored of C or E-classes for touring car series. It’s a very nice and different car.
    @force-maikel Well, here in my country these little buddies still race hard ;)

http://historico.ovaciondigital.com.uy/09/07/13/96298_298.JPG

Ratboy
    Keymaster

Trouble is, everytime I think of the A-class I always remember the one rolling over in the moose test.
    with it being part of his Ciceley sponsorship why arent they using a Vito? or Unimog!

ajokay
    Participant

Thing is the DTM is far more a pseudo-GT championship than it is touring cars. This is more modern touring-car-y in my eyes.

In the DTM they have M3s and C-Classes, the BTCC’s 1 Series and A-Classes are making it look rather like a supermarket car park championship.

The ‘British Supermarket Car Park Championship’ is possibly one of the greatest concepts ever.

ajokay
    Participant

ROUND ONE! SILVERSTONE!

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6095746

*edit, not a Supermarket, but still, you get the idea.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.