• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

British Touring Car Championship

Public Group active 1 month, 3 weeks ago

The group for BTCC fans.

Frank Wrathall jailed for 21 months after fatal crash

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Iestyn Davies Iestyn Davies 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ratboy
    Keymaster
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

Oh Frank… this just doesn’t seem like him

He’s not just been arrested, he’s on trial.

This fatal incident took place in May last year. I can’t believe I’ve not heard about it til now. Absolutely shocking allegations.

robk23
    Participant

I’m surprised because it doesn’t seem like something Frank would do, but I don’t like hate people who use their phone while driving.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@magnificent-geoffrey – I agree. I’m amazed that something like this hasn’t made some sort of news before now. Frank is a truly lovely bloke and I can’t imagine him doing something silly like this. I don’t really want to believe it.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Well that is a shock. Dreadful to hear someone lost their life in the crash. As it’s an ongoing trial it’s hard to say any more at the moment.

S.J.M
    Participant

Its a horrible tale, that someone’s life is taken so needlessly, and just goes to show that cars, no matter the speeds, can do horrendous harm and it doesn’t matter if the driver is a nice guy or not, sadly.

If found guilty he’s looking at some serious jail time. Its Death by Dangerous Driving, which is up to 14years in prison,

“A person who causes the death of another person by driving a mechanically propelled vehicle dangerously on a road or other public place is guilty of an offence.” – Section 1 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (as substituted by section 1 of the Road Traffic Act 1991))

http://tinyurl.com/3jjtj7n

Check out the Relevant sentencing section of the link, and look for R vs Knox, which looks a pretty similar case , “sentencing judge said that the use of the mobile phone created a significant risk of danger in accordance with level 1 of the guidelines “

At this moment, he is Innocent until proven guilty (of the charges) but it doesn’t look good for Wrathall at all, but its insignificant at the end of the day as someone died.

robk23
    Participant

Frank Wrathall was sentenced to 2 years in prison and banned from driving for 4 years today at Liverpool Crown Court after pleading guilty to death by careless driving.

Well, I have to say, if Wrathall’s carelessness behind the wheel has resulted in the loss of a life, two years seems awfully lenient to me.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

I can’t believe he’d be so stupid. He was starting to do really well in the BTCC and could have become a real force.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

f199player
    Participant

Not long enough. Now I think he’ll probably be unemployable in racing

Ratboy
    Keymaster

Well he was racing for his family team but sponsors will certainly be very hard to coax onboard now.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@ratboy – Dynojet has disbanded and sold all assets to United Autosports

Ratboy
    Keymaster

aye but they can be bought again, Dynojet as a company still exists I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.