British Touring Car Championship

New Parity Testing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robk23 robk23 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Don Mateo
    Don Mateo

TOCA have started testing all engines competing in the season to try to ensure parity:

I wonder if this’ll shut Jason Plato up …

Profile photo of ajokay

I thought the idea was to have everyone running a NGTC engine and chassis eventually anyway. If JP was so worried, why didn’t he use his considerable clout and get Chevrolet to slap the NGTC engine in there?

Profile photo of Bendanarama

@Don_Mateo “I wonder if this’ll shut Jason Plato up”

I will bet you the princely sum of ten English pounds, right here, right now, that Plato is whinging about something else within the first two meetings of the 2012 season. :)

@ajokay they are, by 2013. the best comment I heard was from Dan Thorney, when Jason said it costs a £1m to develop a NGTC turbo engine – he said he bought his engine for £250,000 and that he’d flog Jason four for that price!

Profile photo of robk23

I don’t know where Plato got £1m from, buying the Swindon NGTC unit costs £20k and developing a single engine in house costs just a bit less than that. This is information supplied in the BTCC’s NGTC overview.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.