Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

British Touring Car Championship

Public Group active 3 weeks, 4 days ago

The group for BTCC fans.

Onslow-Cole joins WSR for 2012

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Bradley Downton Bradley Downton 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bendanarama
    Participant

TOm Onslow-Cole just announced that he’s driving a BMW alongside Rob Collard and Nick Foster for 2012, in a Turbocharged BMW.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2828

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Good news. It’s about time WSR had a proper driver again. And now they’ve got a turbo they should look a lot more credible this year.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

For a moment I thought that meant World Series by Renault!

Good news though. Quite a strong driver line up too – Nick Foster was impressive on occasion last year. Always liked the team too. Can’t wait for the season to begin!

Bendanarama
    Participant

@dan-thorn to be fair, as they’re now called “Ebay Motors” I could have made that clearer! apparently, its the Ebay sponsorship thats allowing them to run a third car.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@bendana Good for them, then.

I wish Auto Trader (a former employer of mine, incidentally) would get back into the BTCC, they used to be huge supporters of it. It seems the perfect vehicle for them (excuse the pun). Ebay Motors are obvious rivals for them so it would make some sense.

robk23
    Participant

This is going to be exciting, TOC back in the team he started with! I have high hopes for this team now, they had a few podiums last year, the most notable one being at Croft; they might be able to sneak in a win this year?

Ratboy
    Keymaster

https://twitter.com/#!/PaulONeill29/statuses/169753703681769472 Great tweet in my opinion from Paul O’Neill on TOC returning to WSR, though Paul forgets that John George is no spring chicken…

I also saw Motorbase tested today in unbranded Focus ST turbos, with no mention of who drove it

Bendanarama
    Participant

I also saw Motorbase tested today in unbranded Focus ST turbos, with no mention of who drove it

current runners on that theory are MAcdowell and Jackson. THe unliveried Focus looks really odd though – although no-one made much of a fuss when the Golf ran with virtually no sponsors two days ago!

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Glad to see Onslow-Cole remaining in the BTCC, unlike James Nash, who has gone to partner Tom Chilton at AON in the WTCC :/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.