DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters)

2012 DTM champion

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    raymondu999
    Participant

Hey folks. Now that the 2011 DTM season is over and done with with an Audi 1-2 at the top of the tables; who do you think will be the champ next year?

Judging from form; I think Eki is the man on form with his late season surge of 3 victories and a 2nd place to his name. He moved up quite well in Hockenheim too; from 10th (I think?) to 6th; and I’m just hoping he will be a 3-time DTM champion by this time next year :D

Girts
    Participant

Ekström is the first name that comes to mind but if I had to make a bet now, my choice would fall on Andy Priaulx. He is a very experienced driver just like Eki but the car might be decisive. I think BMW will have worked very hard to ensure a successful return to DTM, they’ve also probably had more time and more resources to shift to the development of the new car. But that’s only speculations, it’s really hard to predict the title contenders now.

raymondu999
    Participant

The car could be decisive; yes. I haven’t actually seen the 2012 DTM regulations anywhere so I’m not sure how free and open development is – but the cars should be closer than this year rather than further; especially as there are many spec parts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d love to watch this more, I really need to find some torrents online. I have this year’s opening round but that’s the only full race I’ve ever seen.

The new BMW car looks sexy though.

raymondu999
    Participant

@ajokay to be fair – the overtaking this year hasn’t been stellar. Usually (I think) it has had more

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I did plan on watching this year but unfortunately I missed the majority of it. I can watch it on TV and I plan on getting hold of a V+ HD box so I can record stuff. There’s no way I could possibly watch everything I want to live!

raymondu999
    Participant

@AndrewTanner you could always do it the way @ajokay does it (as mentioned in his post) I guess ;)

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Ha! Nah, then I couldn’t justify how much money I pay for sports TV!

raymondu999
    Participant

@AndrewTanner fair enough. At least the schedule dovetails beautifully with F1, so I can still watch the two live :P

raymondu999
    Participant

So – last predictions before the first race weekend? My money’s still on Eki.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To be honest, I can see an upset happening this season especially with every driver having new cars. If everything turns out right, we might see an unexpected champion, for example Miguel Molina.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Apparently ITV4 will be showing the races, which is interesting. I and severl others from the site here are visiting Brands Hatch hexy month to see the DTMs in action. As for who I’ll be gunning for, I guess the Brits. And BMW. So Mr Pree-ii-aauuux probably!

raymondu999
    Participant

@Klon I don’t think we will see MAJOR upsets in any ways – but smaller ones. At most, it will be like what F1 has seen (in terms of changes in the pecking order) between 2009 and today.

raymondu999
    Participant

Paffett is looking really strong atm. Having said that, Audi looked good in Spielberg. Mortara’s maiden pole and win, and Ekstrom looking racy, only losing 3rd because of his ill-fated attempt around the outside of Paffett for P2 at the start.

I must say I think Ekstrom and Paffett have both driven darn well this year – it’s like a repeat of Vettel and Alonso last year. Two epic drivers – one in the quickest car, and the other in the 3rd quickest (I’m talking over a season average rather than at each race) and getting just about the maximum from their results at each race weekend. The points differences look daunting, but I think that’s just due to the blasted points system that they’ve adopted, following the FIA contrived 25-point-win system.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.