Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters)

Public Group active 3 weeks, 1 day ago

A group for fans of the DTM.

Ekstrom stripped of win for water violation

This topic contains 33 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of R.J. O'Connell R.J. O’Connell 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

Looks like cheating to me. I guess something spooked them (maybe they discovered they forgot to fit a weight or something) and they made a kneejerk reaction.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@f199player

Watergate shocks DTM

I think this is the funniest thing I’ve ever read on F1 Fanatic.

Joe Papp
    Participant

I think this is the funniest thing I’ve ever read on F1 Fanatic.

@keithcollantine – +11111

the_sigman
    Participant

@f199player Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

f199player
    Participant

@keithcollantine Thanks, The irony is the watergate happened 20 years before i was born and I don’t really have a clue about it but im watching a documentary on it now, very interesting

Journeyer
    Participant

@f199player HAHAHA! Finally, a more literal use of the word!

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

The appeal will be heard today:

andae23
    Participant

Audi lost the appeal, but strangely the other drivers won’t gain a place. So Wickens doesn’t inherit the race win, meaning that like last year’s F3 race, the Nörisring held a race without a race winner:

The Court of Appeal of the DMSB (German Motor Sport Association) has confirmed the decision of the stewards and dismissed the appeal of the Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline against the disqualification of Mattias Ekstrom at the DTM race at the Norisring (July 14, 2013). Since the driver achieved his victory on the track under perfect conditions and his vehicle corresponded with the Regulations, the team had carried out the offense in the parc fermé, there was no competitive advantage. Therefore, the court ruled that the following participants do not move up, Canadian Robert Wickens (STIHL Mercedes AMG) will be given second overall in the 5th DTM race.

The team had been accused of misrepresenting the parc fermé regulations that are laid down in Article 44 of the DTM regulations. TV recordings demonstrated, however, that the drivers suit was tampered with including a liquid substance poured in the pocket of the driver’s overalls.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@andae23 What an utterly stupid decision. That’s the worst of both worlds. Where do they come up with nonsense like this?

andae23
    Participant

@keithcollantine I do like their reasoning: “yes he has broken the rules… but then again, he didn’t gain an advantage… hmmm, so we have to give a punishment, but it should not be that much of a punishment…”

But yes, it’s quite ridiculous. The organizers claim he didn’t gain a competitive advantage, but strictly speaking that isn’t true. The water bottle being handed to him invalidated his weight, so it cannot be stated with certainty that he didn’t gain a competitive advantage by running an underweight car. So the stewards decided to strip his victory, I’d say be consistent with your own reasoning and hand the victory to Wickens. But hey, who am I?

BasCB
    Participant

That is just total nonsense!

George
    Participant

I actually agree with the stewards with this one. Considering the offense took place after the race and he apparently gained no advantage, it would be unfair to those further down the order.

Lin1876
    Participant

I get why this has happened, but it shouldn’t. It shouldn’t happen because to not have a race winner confuses casual viewers and makes the sport look silly. Maybe in a lower series, but not a high profile one like DTM.

joeyz11

LOL so much anger. Good decision by the stewards.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Jarvis mystified:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.