Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters)

Public Group active 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A group for fans of the DTM.

Ekstrom stripped of win for water violation

This topic contains 33 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of R.J. O'Connell R.J. O’Connell 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    gDog
    Participant

Be interesting to know what his weight came out at. It looks like a ~500ml water bottle, so they’ve added a max 0.5kg, assuming none of it leaked, and they didnt have heavy water in the bottle.

Assuming it was intentional cheating it must be punished, even if the cheating actually had no impact on the result. It’s the intent thats important, regardless of how retarded the attempt was.

andae23
    Participant

Just seen the DTM race in Moscow and apparently they have found a solution for this problem: the very first thing the top three drivers did when they left their cars was go to the weighbridge. Meanwhile the team personnel had to wait behind barricade tape and as soon as the drivers had been weighed, they were allowed to celebrate the victory with their driver.

Now, I don’t know about you, but this feels very wrong. Of course it’s bad that a team apparently feels the need to cheat by pouring water in someone’s pocket, but that doesn’t mean the officials should do something as stern as keeping the team behind barricade tape, imo.

Nick
    Participant

@andae23 Didn’t F1 try something similar late last decade as well? I was in a F1 slump from 2006-2009, so didn’t always catch the endings, but I seem to remember F1 trying to but another barricade between the top 3 finishers and the crew, but many drivers just leaped over it.

The move by DTM seems very reactionary as well. It’s happened once and basically, the winner and everyone behind him lost out, so it’s not very likely to encourage a repeat.

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

Where was last round’s winner, Nobody? That guy was virtually a non-factor the whole race.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.