DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters)

Ralf Schumacher extends Mercedes contract

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.dtm.com/newsausgabe.php?id=10725

I for my part am pleased, his results can only get better and with Spengler likely gone to BMW, he might perhaps even become the lead driver, it’s not like Mercedes have much of them.

Girts
    Participant

Thanks for posting the news @Klon, I was considering doing it myself :)

I think Mercedes has been keeping Ralf so far mainly because of his popularity, not because of his results. That said, I must admit he has been improving and had a very strong start to this season with two podium finishes. Talking about Mercedes, I think we are going to see Paffett’s comeback sooner or later, let’s see what he can do with the new car next year.

raymondu999
    Participant

@Girts Yeah; I think a large part of that has been him clicking instantly with the new tyres they used this year. Others, for example Ekstrom, took a while to do it. But look at the form Eki is in now that he has gotten used to them already…

Girts
    Participant

@raymondu999 That’s right. Hankook tyres have been playing a large role in this year’s championship. As I understand, the rebirth of Tomczyk also happened mainly because he got on with the new tyres very well from the beginning.

According to Paffett, “The new Hankook tyres for 2012 are wider and have taller sidewalls, providing more mechanical grip.” So the competitive order might change again next year although a lot of factors will affect that. The 2011 season hasn’t finished yet but I already cannot wait for the next one to begin, should be exciting to watch!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.