active 4 weeks ago
Groups for fans of the World Endurance Championship and other forms of endurance racing.
2013 Le Mans 24 Hours
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
19th June 2013, 23:34 at 11:34 pmParticipant
It’s an Audi day out in a shortened first Qualifying session.
LMP1 + Fastest LMP2:
1 2 Audi Sport Team Joest T. KRISTENSEN / L. DUVAL / A. McNISH Audi R18 e-tron quattro LMP1 M 3:22.349 3 17 – – 242.5
2 3 Audi Sport Team Joest M. GENÉ / L. DI GRASSI / O. JARVIS Audi R18 e-tron quattro LMP1 M 3:24.341 3 17 +1.992 +1.992 240.1
3 1 Audi Sport Team Joest A. LOTTERER / M. FÄSSLER / B. TRÉLUYER Audi R18 e-tron quattro LMP1 M 3:25.474 11 16 +3.125 +1.133 238.8
4 7 Toyota Racing A. WURZ / N. LAPIERRE / K. NAKAJIMA Toyota TS030 – Hybrid LMP1 M 3:26.676 3 17 +4.327 +1.202 237.4
5 12 Rebellion Racing N. PROST / N. JANI / N. HEIDFELD Lola B12/60 Coupé – Toyota LMP1 M 3:30.423 2 16 +8.074 +3.747 233.2
6 8 Toyota Racing A. DAVIDSON / S. BUEMI / S. SARRAZIN Toyota TS030 – Hybrid LMP1 M 3:30.841 4 10 +8.492 +0.418 232.7
7 13 Rebellion Racing A. BELICCHI / M. BECHE / C. CHENG Lola B12/60 Coupé – Toyota LMP1 M 3:32.167 2 15 +9.818 +1.326 231.3
8 21 Strakka Racing N. LEVENTIS / D. WATTS / J. KANE HPD ARX 03c – Honda LMP1 M 3:36.547 3 12 +14.198 +4.380 226.6
9 26 G-Drive Racing R. RUSINOV / J. MARTIN / M. CONWAY Oreca 03 – Nissan LMP2 D 3:39.535 3 13 +17.186 +2.988 223.5
Fastest GTE Pro:
27 99 Aston Martin Racing R. BELL / F. MAKOWIECKI / B. SENNA Aston Martin Vantage V8 LMGTE Pro M 3:55.658 8 15 +33.309 +5.853 208.2
Fastest GTE Am:
36 95 Aston Martin Racing C. NYGAARD / K. POULSEN / A. SIMONSEN Aston Martin Vantage V8 LMGTE Am M 3:58.661 5 14 +36.312 +1.522 205.6
That fact was helped by the final 55 minutes of running being cancelled due to barrier damage incurred when expected LMP2 front-runner Pierre Thiriet lost control of the #46 TDS ORECA-Nissan at the second Mulsanne chicane.
While the crash wasn’t televised, I did see massive amounts of trucks and cars working at the scene and the crashed car, which had lost all front bodywork.
20th June 2013, 21:30 at 9:30 pm
Just some incidents from the qualifying sessions:
At the moment, the third and last qualifying session is still red flagged – 30 minutes to go, it’s Audi #3, from Toyota #8, Audi #1, Toyota #7, Audi #2
20th June 2013, 22:06 at 10:06 pm
It’s an Audi 1-2-3 at Le Mans: the #2 (Duval, Kristensen, McNish) will start from pole, from the #1 and #3. The Toyotas #8 and #7 will start 4th and 5th respectively.
In the LMP2 class, Olivier Pla took pole position for the #24 Oak Racing in the closing stages of qualifying. In the GT Pro class, it’s an Aston Martin 1-2, the #99 (including Bruno Senna) leading the #97. The amateur class saw another Aston Martin, the #95, take first place.
The qualifying sessions were littered with incidents, including four red flags while the marshalls tried to repair the barriers. Let’s just hope the actual race will be a bit less interrupted…
20th June 2013, 22:18 at 10:18 pmKeymaster
I winced at the Ferrari crash, that looked like a very unpleasant hit and landing.
I had chance to see a little of this afternoon’s action on TV before it was red-flagged (of which very little was shown). Looking forward to the race though depending on my commitments I might have to miss the start.
20th June 2013, 22:31 at 10:31 pm
He was very lucky he hit the barriers backwards and not side-ways, though the car landing must have hurt anyway. Thankfully Tracy Krohn was released at the medical center quite quickly and the car made its appearance in the final qualifying session – though I noticed the car now has a black roof.
20th June 2013, 22:58 at 10:58 pm
@andae23 The car has a black roof because it’s now a completely different car, albeit with spare green doors and body panels. The replacement F458 was bought from ‘Black team’, one of the teams that competes in the International GT open, which last weekend was at Jerez. The car is GT3 spec so they’ve had to change several things to make it fit the GTE regulations. They didn’t have a spare Krohn green roof panel though!
20th June 2013, 23:01 at 11:01 pm
20th June 2013, 23:08 at 11:08 pmParticipant
The top 3 for every class, from the Le Mans website:
1. No.2 Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R18 e-tron quattro driven by Tom Kristensen, Loic Duval and Allan McNish 3:22.349
2. No.1 Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R18 e-tron quattro driven by André Lotterer, Marcel Fässler and Benoit Treluyer 3:23.696
3. No.3 Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R18 e-tron quattro driven by Marc Gene, Lucas Di Grassi and Oliver Jarvis 3.24.341
1. No.24 OAK Racing morgan – Nissan driven by Olivier Pla, David Heinemeier Hansson and Alex Brundle 3:38.621
2. No.26 G-Drive Racing Oreca 03 – Nissan driven by Roman Rusinov, John Martin and Mike Conway 3:39.535
3. No.38 Jota Sport Zytek Z11SN – Nissan driven by Simon Dolan, Oliver Turvey and Lucas Luhr 3:40.459
LM GTE Pro
1. No.99 Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Vantage V8 driven by Rob Bell, Fred Makowiecki and Bruno Senna 3:54.635
2. No.97 Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Vantage V8 driven by Peter Dumbreck, Stefan MÜcke and Darren Turner 3:55.445
3. No.92 Porsche AG Team Manthey Porsche 911 RSR driven by Marc Lieb, Richard Lietz and Romain Dumas 3:55.491
LM GTE Am
1. No.95 Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Vantage V8 driven by Christoffer Nygaard, Kristian Poulsen and Allan Simonsen 3:57.776
2. No.88 Proton Competition Porsche 911 GT3 RSR driven by Christian Ried, Gianluca Roda and Paolo Ruberti 3:58.889
3. No.96 Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Vantage V8 driven by Jamie Campbell-Walter, Roald Goethe and Stuart Hall 3:59.805
@ajokay The accident was somewhat scary, but it’s stories like those that often make Le Mans just that bit more special. Will be rooting for them this Sunday.
21st June 2013, 8:14 at 8:14 am
@keithcollantine By the way, I think you receive hi-res images from the Le Mans teams, right? Could you maybe post some here? Just for the Windows background rotation :)
21st June 2013, 9:36 at 9:36 amParticipant
where is kobyashi’s ferrari?
21st June 2013, 13:04 at 1:04 pmParticipant
@sato113 6th in GTE Pro, behind all three Astons, the other AF Corse Ferrari and one of the Manthey Porsches.
Also, wow, Corvette and SRT look dreadfully slow this year, what happened?
22nd June 2013, 5:51 at 5:51 amParticipant
Just to get everyone in the mood for Le Mans, here’s a great interview with Allan McNish:
It’s a bit on the long side, but McNish is one of the few drivers that I’d be willing to listen to for that length of time. Very eloquent and insightful commentary about Le Mans, F1 and racing in general.
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.