Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

World Endurance Championship

Public Group active 21 hours, 57 minutes ago

Groups for fans of the World Endurance Championship and other forms of endurance racing.

Daytona 24 Hours – will you be watching?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Victor_RO
    Participant

@deanmachine: Bradley is probably confined to pitlane reporting and shock announcements of drivers retiring. :)) Don’t forget Paul Truswell and Jeremy Shaw, the gods of endurance racing live statistics.

deanmachine
    Participant

@victor_ro Like when Stirling Moss announced his retirement to him? He hasn’t shut up about that either xD

I’ll definitely be watching this though, the Corvette prototype actually looks nice compared to the other fat proportioned Daytona Prototypes you normally see.

Victor_RO
    Participant

Exactly like that moment.

Also, just been listening through some RLM archives, and apparently nobody in the ALMS paddock wanted to talk to Bradley for a full season during races, since every time he interviewed someone from a team that team’s car would inevitable crash/fall apart/whatever… I wonder if he’s back to his jinxing ways for this race. :D

trebor27

Will be watching for the first time this year. Just wondering if there will be a live page for the event or is there not enough interest.

BasCB
    Participant

I guess its not enough people in to do a live blog for the whole 24h @keithcollantine?

ajokay
    Participant

Been listening for 3 hours so far, and watching on and off. Some good racing and an interesting, if limited set of cars. Some world-class drivers too.

These Chevrolet prototypes look beautiful though, and I’m glad they’ve given the Rileys a facelift, they were rather ugly in the previous incarnation.

DamionShadows
    Participant

Been watching since it started save a one or two hours and i’m enjoying it. Watched some last year up until the end, but with all the different types of cars and high profile drivers participating this year it may surpass the ALMS if they keep it up a few more years.

@ajokay My jaw dropped when I saw those Corvette DPs, I knew nothing about them until the start of the race! Hopefully the rest of them will keep getting better looking!

F1Yankee
    Participant

just over 10 hours in, great endurance race! you could hardly ask for more star drivers and dignitaries to come to the 50th. if only all the series could unite…

matt90
    Participant

Wow, if you don’t have sky search ‘Daytona 24 hours stream’ you can access Speed’s coverage through their site even if you’re outside Australia. Does take several minutes to load so give it time, which I didn’t do last night and is why I’ve missed most of the race.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@bascb Not this time.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.