Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

World Endurance Championship

Public Group active 2 weeks, 1 day ago

Groups for fans of the World Endurance Championship and other forms of endurance racing.

Delta Wing car

This topic contains 60 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of john john 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of john
    john

How good would it look with a aeroplane like canopy on it?

Profile photo of john
    john

I dont quite know why but the design of that car is just amazing. Wish Id have thought of it first

Profile photo of Bendanarama
    Bendanarama
    Participant

Now all they need to do is arm it with Missiles and cannons, and it’ll really Liven up the 2am-6am stint at Le mans.

Profile photo of john
    john

@bendana Nah! Missiles and a Cannon would add too much drag, a lazer might be nice :D

Profile photo of Bendanarama
    Bendanarama
    Participant

If Le Mans doesn’t end up like a game of Wipeout, someones missed a trick.

Profile photo of Adam Tate
    Adam Tate
    Participant

Haha. I can’t wait to see this thing run. I have my doubts about its handling, like many have already mentioned, but it’s just such an outside the box kind of idea that it may work. It’s ugly, but it’s darn exciting. And Dan Gurney doesn’t throw his weight behind just anything!

Profile photo of john
    john

@aka robyn Thanks for the link about the Deltawing car material. Im absolutly amazed by this car, cant wait to see it race.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Aaaargh, sorry, I feel like an idiot — I don’t know how I missed this already existing thread.

Anyway, I had a feeling some people would probably think this car is horribly ugly, and I guess I was right! I think it looks amazing, though — and I can’t wait to see it race, either, @johnf1fanatic . When I first saw the photo, I assumed they were aiming to race it in maybe the 2020 Le Mans 24 Hours? Couldn’t believe it when I saw they planned to have it ready for this year’s!

Profile photo of Chalky
    Chalky
    Participant

@johnf1fanatic Canopy on it? Probably like a rejected design for a batmobile.

It’s nothing like a race car I have expected to see at Le Mans. Sort of reminds me of the time I first saw a Panoz LMP car take to the track.

Profile photo of john
    john

@aka robyn If you go to http://www.deltawingracing.com there is a whole lot of interesting info there.

Profile photo of Victor_RO
    Victor_RO
    Participant

If you could only see the backlash regarding this car on some endurance racing-based forums… you’d think that this car was the Devil incarnate. Many people are extremely vocal in their opposition towards this thing. Personally, I’m ambivalent towards it, I’m waiting for it to hit the track before having an honest opinion about it.

Profile photo of john
    john

Who would have thought this one car would cause such a fuss. Makes me more eager to see it in action.

Profile photo of S.J.M
    S.J.M
    Participant

The car looks totally awesome, proper batshit crazy …. but awesome.

Which is a shame, because as we all know, if it looks amazing… it probably isnt.

Its a shame this car is being done for 2012 when its potential would be better if there wasnt 2 chicanes on the Mulsanne straight.

Profile photo of Don Mateo
    Don Mateo
    Participant

It looks like it won’t handle, but if they’re entering it into Le Mans then it must do, although I’d be very interested to know exactly how!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.