World Endurance Championship

Do you like WEC’s calendar?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    the_sigman
    Participant

Do you like WEC’s calendar? Personally I don’t. I don’t like all the 6 hour races, which I think they are not real endurance races. Just imagine a championship with the 24 hours of Le Mans, the 24 hours of Spa, the 24 hours of Nurburgring, the 24 hours of Daytona and -why not- the 12 hours of Sebring. This would be fabulous.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The only problem it has is that there’s a race in Bahrain.

S.J.M
    Participant

The problem with your your complaint, as much as I actually agree with you is that some of those races are part of different race categories. I’d love to see 24hrs of Daytona on the WEC where it belongs, but its part of what is/was GrandAM, same for Nurburgring and Sebring. I’d love to see those 3 at least play some part in the WEC, not sure it’s events single unless other racing series fold.

There is also the fact to consider that 24hr racing is expensive and a major strain for the teams, having 1 or 2 races is fine but not a bulk of the series. WEC is trying establish itself, for now it needs teams to compete so allowing races which will be cheaper to run wont scare them off.

the_sigman
    Participant

@sjm It’s not a complaint, it’s a thought I came up with. I like WEC, but the addition of those 24 hour races would make it so much better. As for the costs, I would love to see only these races, not the others that are currently on the calendar.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Seeing as GrandAM and ALMS are merging in 2014, it seems entirely possible that the Daytona 24 could end up as a WEC event.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.