Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

World Endurance Championship

Public Group active 43 minutes ago

Groups for fans of the World Endurance Championship and other forms of endurance racing.

Heidfeld to race in World Endurance Championship

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Nick Heidfeld will race in the WEC with Rebellion Racing. According to Speed he’ll do Le Mans, Spa and Sebring:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/le-mans-heidfeld-set-to-join-rebellion/

Profile photo of Slr
    Slr
    Participant

I’m happy that he’s found something to do for this year. It’s a real pity that his Formula One career ended as ugly as it did. Hopefully he’ll have a successful career in endurance racing.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Lola have basically confirmed it on Twitter:

“Looks like we will have a very ‘Quick Nick’ in a Lola this year. Confirmation next week.”

Profile photo of Victor_RO
    Victor_RO
    Participant

Heidfeld would be a welcome addition, but I wished it was the Quick Nic of sportscar racing… (Nic Minassian)

Profile photo of ajokay
    Anonymous

We’ve got a lot of interesting lineups in the wider world of motorsport now, with lots of new championships, teams and drivers. I think it’s going to be a good season. Best of luck to Nick, the world’s favourite beard.

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

I missed the news!
    It was obvious Nick’s time in F1 was over, sad to see him go without a win, and he was still quick…

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Looks like the official announcement will be tomorrow:

http://twitter.com/NickHeidfeld/statuses/164429252643659776

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.