Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

World Endurance Championship

Public Group active 1 day, 22 hours ago

Groups for fans of the World Endurance Championship and other forms of endurance racing.

Nürburgring 24h

This topic contains 51 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Bendanarama Bendanarama 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    F1Yankee
    Participant

i think i heard radio le mans saying all cars are classified, but they would go a lap down for crossing the line with time on the clock. i saw that clio coming and thought “umm turn? turn! no way!!!”

overall, a pretty good race. the croaker was the (lack of) overnight tv. but hey, germany is not known for their economic or organizational strengths :P anyway, i’m now in prime shape for le mans :)

Gerdoner
    Participant

Well, IIRC you have to finish the race to get classified.

However, as the winning car was still some 30 seconds away the race was not officially over. It’s being speculated that the Porsche driver was concerned he would run out of fuel and so pulled to the side of the track. It had been in a battle for third place, but as the car was unable to officially cross the line under its own steam it registers as a DNF.

Unfortunately the news is just as bad for the Clio. It was leading its class at the time and only needed to complete one more lap to make that position official. Instead both cars effectively raced for the 24 hours but leave with nothing more than an expensive repair bill.

Click

On the german wikipedia I can’t see the Porsche in the Top 10… so I really doubt that they are classified… Let’s wait and see ;)´

F1Yankee
    Participant

ok, i thought it was weird what they speculated since i’m a bit more familiar with ACO/FIA rules. i guess it changes nothing anyway.

Gerdoner
    Participant

K, probably the last post from me, here’s the last half an hour (sport 1 video with radio le mans audio) including the retirement of #65, the porsche – merc battle and the chaos that was the last minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91NrQv9sKEw

SouthAussie94
    Participant

If any one finds out where the Porsche and the Clio were classified, or if they where classed as a DNF, could you please let us know.

Thanks! :)

Gerdoner
    Participant

Provisional Race Result

#11 is on page 11, as the highest non classified car
    # 169 is on page 13, listed as not classified

Bendanarama
    Participant

In relation to the porsche and the clio, I am sympathetic to them, but I would probably be more so if that wasn’t incredibly funny.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.