Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

World Endurance Championship

Public Group active 5 days, 21 hours ago

Groups for fans of the World Endurance Championship and other forms of endurance racing.

Pictures: Porsche officially reveal 919 Hybrid LMP1 racer

This topic contains 26 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of matt90 matt90 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    GeeMac
    Participant

So Audi are (likely) to be grey and white with splash of red, Porsche are grey and white with a splash of red and Toyota are mainly white with a splash of red and blue. It’s a good thing the racing in WEC is good…

matt90
    Participant

Is this really the final livery, rather than some awful launch gimmick?

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@Matt90 Both…

Meanwhile here’s a new video, which is rather better than the last one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmOdDYd687k

Calum
    Participant

Official shots of the new Porsche 919 Hybrid are still exciting even if the race livery is a bit drab!

George
    Participant

Do you think they were planning a Martini livery before Williams grabbed them?

Tomsk
    Participant

From the design images they’ve released so far, Rebellion could be going back to a white car as well. I guess white shows up the dirt and battle scars better after a 24-hour race – that’s why all the white cars are in LMP1 and not F1. There’s still time though, c’mon Williams.

Nick
    Participant

It reminds me of this (which is not a good thing)

BMW Artcar

Spencer White
    Participant

I can’t help thinking it’s extremely ugly.
    Not as ugly as Caterham’s CT05 though.

andae23
    Participant

I think the new Audi and Porsche look bloody brilliant, but that Porsche’s livery is so boring. I guess the main thing these liveries need is a title sponsor, in Porsche’s case something like Rothmans or Martini. It’s really weird that they don’t go for a more eye-catching livery, as they claim it is their vision for the sports car of the future

hunocsi
    Participant

For the earlier part of this conversation: here is a mention in the statement about the engine being a V4.

The drive system of the new LMP1 race car is based on a four cylinder petrol engine that is as compact as it is lightweight. It performs load-bearing functions within the chassis based on its V-angle construction, which also offers thermodynamic advantages.

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

Ah, although it still doesn’t say V4 om there, just a 4 cylinder!

Could be a straight four?

Could be a flat four too, especially as the Flat engine is the weapon of choice for Porsche’s sports cars…

matt90
    Participant

This video really nicely shows how open the ducting under the nose through to the sides is on the Porsche. It surprising how much daylight you can see.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kfpfc_they-are-so-beautiful_autohttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kfpfc_they-are-so-beautiful_auto

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.