World Endurance Championship

Sam Bird to USCC for endurance races

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SP
    Participant

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111948

Looks like he’s still in discussions for an Indycar seat as well (many current Indycar drivers race in sportscar series part-time).

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

I’m very curious where Bird would fit in, when it comes to the Indycar series. Seems like there aren’t a lot of open seats where he wouldn’t have to fight two or three other people with experience for it.

SP
    Participant

Well, even if Bird doesn’t secure a full season seat, a part-time schedule would still give him the opportunity to impress team bosses (like Simon Pagenaud did in 2011 for example). Rahal-Letterman, with their increased sponsorship for 2014, would be a good place to start as they’re expected to run a third car at some events.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

Bryan Herta and Dale Coyne are yet to announce their drivers at all so I wonder who they will choose.

It’s likely Bird will run Indy and likely some street and road courses, which would be good for him.

SP
    Participant

Coyne has a contract option on Justin Wilson, and by past history he’ll have a pay driver in the second seat. By all accounts, Bird wants to be paid to drive so I don’t think Dale Coyne Racing is the best place to be going.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.