World Endurance Championship

Sebastien Bourdais to race for new Dome Le Mans team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dome will return to Le Mans this year with an updated version of the car that previously appeared at the race in 2008.

They’ve snagged former Peugeot drivers Sebastien Bourdais and Nicolas Minassian

http://www.motorstv.com/car/endurance/02022012/dome-confirm-shock-le-mans-return

The full Le Mans and WEC entry lists are being announced today:

Live broadcast of 2012 Le Mans and WEC entry lists

Joel Holland
    Participant

Very cool. Great that Bourdais will be at Le Mans and great to have another constructor involved. That Dome looks sweet as well. Hopefully they’ll go full-season in ’13.

Silverkeg
    Participant

FOr some reason I thought Dome were affiliated with Toyota’s effort.

Good news, I really liked the Dome S102, such an amazing looking car, and had wondered what became of it.

Hopefully they put in a solid performance, would be great to see.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I wouldn’t say it’s a new team – it’s Pescarolo running a Dome chassis. And the chassis is three years old (even though it has been updated).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bourdais is going to have a very very busy June. 2 IndyCar races followed by a week of Le Mans followed by another IndyCar outing, 4 weekends in a row.

I’ve been reading up on Dome’s (pronounced Doh-mu, apparently) history today. Sounds like a solid addition to the field.

@ajokay Presumably you saw their unraced F1 car?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Indeed I did, I have the excellent (ish… the writing’s a bit off but the photos are good) Unraced book.

Although to be fair, I remember the articles talking about their F1 tests from the various Autosport magazines I bought in 1995. Shame they never made it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.