World Endurance Championship

Toyota LMP1 hybrid race car for 2012 revealed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Toyota’s LMP1 hybrid race car which will compete in the World Endurance Championship and Le Mans 24 Hours this year has been spotted testing at Paul Ricard:

toyota_lmp1_2012

Fer no.65
    Participant

Pretty car!… sad about the shark fin, though, but that’s in the rules…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks brilliant. Great to see the white and red colour scheme back again and I hope Alex Wurz can get it fighting amongst the Audis and Peugeots. Those two have been unchallenged at the front for far too long now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It looks like a Lola chassis.

@fer-no65 I don’t mind them to be honest. And it’s certainly better than having the cars flipping over! (Though it seems they haven’t completed solved that).

GeeMac
    Participant

That is a great looking thing! The shark fin does sort of spoil it, but head on it looks mega. Quite like the Peugeot 908…

john
    Participant

Alex Wurtz driving it? Ok Im in. Good luck to them.

matt90
    Participant

Nice, I’ve been waiting for this. Looks a little gawky at the front, but then again the R18 is no shrinking violet and the 908 looks like an owl.

Icthyes
    Participant

Looks awful but I guess they’re all going to. It’s the nature of the beast. As AJ said, just hoping that it brings a little more variety to a rather stagnant front end of the sport.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

That’s too big to be a shark fin. That’s a whale fin.

JPQuesado
    Participant

It looks like a mix of the Audi with the Peugeot. But it really looks good.

SouthPawRacer
    Participant

@joey-poey Whale dorsal fins are tiny.. you almost can’t see them! :P

I love this. I love hybrids. I’d love to see the car be competitive, although Peugeot’s departure would make it slightly less impressive if they are.

Looks a lot like the 908 to me, but I guess there are only so many shapes that ‘fit’ the rules.

Really looking forward to seeing them back – the GT-One was cut off in its prime.

Victor_RO
    Participant

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/toyota-ts030-lmp1-hybrid-revealed/

Official reveal, Toyota’s embargo on details lifted at 6PM GMT today. Car will be called TS030, in keeping with the F1-engined TS010 of ’92-’93 and the TS020 (GT-One). Brand new 3.4 V8 engine, hybrid system with supercapacitors for storage, so far decision not made on whether it will drive the front or rear axle.

Also, two entries confirmed for Le Mans.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.