RaceFans site development

Forum upgrade and comments

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

I’m pleased to say comments on the main site have been re-enabled and the forum has been opened once again.

The forum is running on entirely new software and as you can see there are still some parts of functionality missing. I intend to address as soon as possible as well as some of the display problems on the main site.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has presented over the past week, however it was imperative the work on this was completed before the start of the new season.

Max Jacobson
    Participant

It is looking in general very fresh and refined, definitely a good improvement to the site and worth the disruption (which of course was no problem at all)!

dragoll
    Participant

I like the new wysiswyg in the comments :)

And it looks far better in Chrome now…

Formatting buttons in the forum are

• such

a

• godsend

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@keithcollantine – Just to inform you whenever I post it takes me back to the first page of the topic. Also I appear to have lost the ability to moderate topics (edit responses, delete, change titles etc) despite the fact I’m still listed as a moderator. Is this because we’ve lost that power now or does it just need updating?

SP
    Participant

All the forums are still dead for me.

PhilEReid
    Participant

So, do the forums no longer have group tabs, and instead everything is all just in one? It just seems like if I’m trying to find a particular topic, it would be more difficult as there’s more to scroll through. So, before it was all located in the Groups section, which has the topic tab, and then all the posts in the topic. The topic tab is gone? So now all posts are located in the same place which seems a little backwards.

Other than that, everything does look a lot better, if not a little awkward (though it seems like it should be better with time). It’s just that first point that seems a little off.

BasCB
    Participant

Great to see its back up and has the format buttons working!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyway how are the number of edits/post(s) limited? By limiting the time in which one can be made?

GeeMac
    Participant

The forum posts themselves look great, nice and clean and the edit functions work well. The list of forums looks a little confusing, though that could just be my work pc (and IE 11 generally).

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

how do you log in from your mobile devce? log in seems to have disappeared!

Force Maikel
    Participant

Looks great Keith! Great Job, I didn’t mind the old forum but a fresh start can sometimes end up being a great decision.

@bradley13 Can you email me about thid please? Ta.

@PhilEReid
    The forums are back in their group tabs now as planned!

PhilEReid
    Participant

Well played Keith. Have to admit, now that’s sorted, everything is perfect. Very much liking this.

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

@keithcollantine I cant find where you make a new thread on my tablet in the forums because I found a video I wanted to post on it. Is this one of the things that is missing that will come soon for me and any other tablet users?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.