Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Estesark

F1 Fanatic site development

Public Group active 3 days, 13 hours ago

A place for you to suggest technical changes for the site and request new groups

Known problems

Tagged: 

This topic contains 222 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Keith Collantine keithcollantine 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    keithcollantine
    Keymaster

I will use this thread to update a list of known problems with the site.

F1 Fanatic Live Twitter app not working
    Mobile site scrolling incorrectly on some devices e.g. HTC Desire HD
    Avatar resizing has display glitch (but is working)
    Intermittent page loading delays
    Intermittent displays of wrong user name

As ever if you have experienced a problem with this site, please follow these steps to report it. This is to ensure I have the maximum information possible in order to address any faults:

Reporting a technical problem

HounslowBusGarage
    Participant

Sorry everyone. This Forum is no longer what I want. It’s too much like social media which for personal and professional reasons I will not use. I was happy to post and participate in the old F1 Fanatic because it did not communicate with the email address I registered. The new one sends many more messages there and it’s not what I feel comfortable with.
    Note to Keith: I’m sure that this will go well for you but it’s just not what I want to get involved with. So I’m going to withdraw and won’t post here any more.
    Good luck!

Enigma
    Participant

@hounslowbusgarage you can turn the e-mail notifications off.

As for the forum, I agree that it was better when it was easier to use.

keithcollantine
    Keymaster

@hounslowbusgarage All the email notifications can be turned off, just go to My account > Settings > Notifications

This was a requirement when implementing the changes specifically because I knew some people would want it. I also mentioned it in the articles introducing the changes for the same reason.

Guilherme
    Participant

Keith, since the update the loading times have been quite long for me. I can live with it when it’s not too slow, but today it took me about 4 minutes to open all the new articles on the site (I think it was 8 pages or something like that), and it took obscenely long to open the pictures (I had to open one picture at time). My connection was fine, all other sites were opening at the usual speed and I even tried downloading something after trying to load the pictures, and the download went full-speed.

As I said I can live with it, but I think I should let you know.

verstappen
    Participant

Splendid idea, this. Maybe you could add something like ‘troubleticket-numbers’, so we can provide emails with that nr in subject

xxiinophobia

Just reported via the technical problem/contact pages the “Data points not appearing when hovering over charts”, but for me it’s in all browsers (Firefox 7, Chromium 16, and IE 8).

Hatebreeder
    Participant

I was logged in as someone else yesterday. USMAN or someone. Briefly.

wasiF1
    Participant

If someone reply to someone’s comment then it will be the best that the ‘reply comment’ is notified to the user straight without adding ‘@’ in front of his name.

Enigma
    Participant

@xxiinophobia yep, not working for me either.

keithcollantine
    Keymaster

@hatebreeder As it says above if you have a problem please submit a report.

Hatebreeder
    Participant

@keithcollantine, it happened only once and for a small period of time so i didn’t submit a report. If it happens again, i will.

JT19

It won’t let me create a new topic at this current time.

keithcollantine
    Keymaster

@jt19 As it says above if you have a problem please submit a report.

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

It’s not necessarily a problem, so I can’t submit a report, but it would handy to be able to access the last page of a thread from the forum homepage, like before, rather than having to click on the thread, taking you to the first page and then having to jump to the last page.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 223 total)

The topic ‘Known problems’ is closed to new replies.