RaceFans site development

Option to edit comments

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lewis Stroll
    Participant

Keith,

could you enable an option for users to edit their comments in your articles?

I know the forum area allows it and i feel it is useful as sometimes, there could be some typos or grammatical and phrasing errors made while posting the comments and having the option to edit them will be helpful to the person posting it and fellow users reading it.

ShaneB457
    Participant

@ginola14
    Although I can see where you are coming from, I personally think that not having an edit function is not so bad. It makes you really look over your comment and makes you think twice before posting, making sure that your post is well constructed and that you are raising a strong and valid point. This in turn, makes the comments have a higher quality.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Agree with @shaneb12345678910 (boy that’s a long username !). We often see long long discussions in the comments, which an edit button could very well spoil. Typos and grammatical erros and all are common things, and it’s not a big deal, but editing a comment after someone already replied could change the subject of the discussion with the discussion already open.

Girts
    Participant

This question has been raised before but I still don’t think that we need this option. See the last comment in the thread that we already have on this topic:

https://www.racefans.net/groups/f1-fanatic-site-development/forum/topic/editing-comments/

@Ginola14 As @Girts points out this has been addressed in the post above. Any further developments on that will be explained there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.