RaceFans site development

Site adverts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pluk
    Participant

I am well aware the advertising on the site is very necessary to keep the money coming in to pay for such journalistic excellence, but…..

I’ve noticed a change in the adverts recently. They were always (and often still are) what I would call reputable; Sky, Virgin, Amazon, Tesco etc. In the last month or so though I’ve noticed a fair few which could be generously called unreputable, but are probably out and out fraudulent. I’m talking about ones like a fake facebook mock up stating I’ve got 2 friend requests and a message, or a vibrating box that looks like a popup informing me I’m the whatever number visitor and have won an ipad. I’ve not clicked through to find out where they take me as I doubt it is somewhere pleasant.

I don’t know how these things are generated or how much control F1F has over them, but think these ads really devalue the professional appearance of the site and is going to lead to less confidence in the legitimate ads causing a fall in click though/revenues.

Please don’t think I’m having a moan or anything, just bringing it to your attention.

I appreciate the feedback and there certainly should be no ‘spoofing’ style ads on the site.

Please see here for details on how to raise a complaint about an ad:

Reporting an advertising problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.