RaceFans site development

What do you want most from F1 Fanatic in 2016?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

As we begin a new year now seems a good time to ask: how would you improve F1 Fanatic?

More news or more features? Would you like larger image galleries or more videos? Should I spend more time replying to you in the comments or producing content?

Are there some articles you regularly look out for on F1 Fanatic or some you never bother with? Perhaps you’re a long-time reader who misses a past feature you’d like to see return, or you’d like a way to participate in the creation of articles?

Would you change how the site functions? Perhaps you’d like more articles featured on the home page, clearer navigation to certain parts of the site or the ability to edit your comments after posting them (afraid that one’s not likely to happen soon). Are there any social network you use where F1 Fanatic doesn’t have a presence, yet should?

Whatever you’d like to see more or less of from F1 Fanatic in the new year, please post your suggestions below. And if you’ve got a lot of ideas, do let me know which you think is most important!

Retired
    Participant

More news or more features? Features
    Would you like larger image galleries or more videos? None
    Should I spend more time replying to you in the comments or producing content? As you’d like

Are there some articles you regularly look out for on F1 Fanatic or some you never bother with? Stats, Round-up…
    Perhaps you’re a long-time reader who misses a past feature you’d like to see return, or you’d like a way to participate in the creation of articles? Some more Top 10

Would you change how the site functions? No
    Are there any social network you use where F1 Fanatic doesn’t have a presence, yet should? No

Whatever you’d like to see more or less of from F1 Fanatic in the new year, please post your suggestions below:
    You’re just fine mate, the site’s just great. Keep up the good job and have a nice and healthy 2016.

WheelToWheel
    Participant

More news or more features? Features
    Would you like larger image galleries or more videos? Videos
    Should I spend more time replying to you in the comments or producing content? It is your choice

Are there some articles you regularly look out for on F1 Fanatic or some you never bother with? I like driver of the weekend and the grid’s.

Perhaps you’re a long-time reader who misses a past feature you’d like to see return, or you’d like a way to participate in the creation of articles? Bring overtake of the race back onto the main site and add some more stuff about GP2, possibly add it to the racing wrap

Would you change how the site functions? No
    Are there any social network you use where F1 Fanatic doesn’t have a presence, yet should? Possibly you could create an app

WheelToWheel
    Participant

And for the final question, possibly F1 Fanatic’a 2015 season awards. an other than that, have a happy new year :)

Those were all just suggestions and examples by the way, no need to reply to them all individually!

andae23
    Participant

I really like the balance between news stories and community stuff. The most important bits of news appear on the site, the other bits of news go to the round-up, which means there is a lot more room for the regular features. Imo this is the only site that really nails this balance.

There’s not much I would change to be honest. Maybe the only thing this site really misses are technical articles, for instance ‘how does MGU-H work?’ or ‘Mercedes new curvy rear wing explained’. But if you look at Autosport, Motorsport.com and AMuS, they all have separate writers for these articles. So maybe some freelance articles from Scarbs or some other F1 guru would be a good addition?

But yeah, in general this site is already pretty awesome :)

Girts
    Participant

Are there any social network you use where F1 Fanatic doesn’t have a presence, yet should?

No because I have left those social networks where F1 Fanatic is not present because that means they are not good enough.

This website is so perfect that I’m starting to wonder if it could sing me a lullaby every time I go to bed…

Seriously, I really love the comment articles and I would not mind if there were more of them. They are always well written and the arguments are carefully thought-out so they are a great basis for discussions.

As for the technical articles, perhaps @andae23 could write one. I guess he’s one of the few guys, who could explain that rocket science to someone like me, who somehow got a B in physics at school without knowing anything about the subject…

andae23
    Participant

@girts I’m not sure, I don’t think I know enough about aerodynamics to really make sense of much of the teams’ developments. Hopefully within a couple of years I know a lot more ;)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@lolzerbob GP2 is included in the Weekend Racing Wrap, however unfortunately they don’t post their own videos to YouTube, and we try and ensure we’re only using videos of races from a specific series’ official account.

As for the question @KeithCollantine, personally I think F1 Fanatic has everything spot on and I know you work incredibly hard to acheive that. Having said that, it’d be nice to get some coverage of Formula Virtual… ;)

hunocsi
    Participant

I’d love to read an article on my birthday on 27 November titled “Daniel Ricciardo wins the world championship in epic finale”. I know, a man can only dream… I’d be fine with Rosberg instead of Ricciardo in the title :)

Anyway, I’m fine with pretty much everything on the website, maybe during the GP buildups, in the articles about weather forecasts could you put a link there so we can keep up with the latest developments later in the weekend @keithcollantine? I always try to find weather forecasts and haven’t com across a consistent one before, but the ones you put on here are usually pretty good.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

A ‘thumbs up’ or just generally some sort of like button within comments would be great I think. Stops the ‘+1’ comments and stuff like that. It would probably reduce the amount of comments but it would (in theory) increase the quality of the comments.

Also I’m just lazy and I can’t be bothered to reply with ‘I agree’ to everything I agree with. ;)

PorscheF1
    Participant

I have always enjoyed the site for many reasons. There isn’t much I do not like be it one. I don’t like the lay-out of the forum. It’s all just one big list of things. It isn’t used as much as it could be I believe. This site has a very active community with some very active members yet the hot forum topics sometimes don’t even reach 5 posts. Maybe there is no need as everything can be discussed in the articles itself but I always felt the forum could use an update though if it’s not going to increase usage you might as well not.

PS; Happy New year to all, let’s all hope for a cracking 2016 season of racing.

Oh, no idea whether you had plans of cancelling it but please please keep the weekend racing wrap-up!

PorscheF1
    Participant

Adding to what Craig said, it would be even better if those comments moved up on the page too.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@xtwl – As far as I’m aware I am returning with the Weekend Racing Wrap later this year, but as there’s very little motorsport over the winter, we’re waiting for it to pick up again!

PorscheF1
    Participant

Yeah, obviously. I’m not really expecting them now but it’s a good feature on this site and although I try to see most of it live things like the BTCC are impossible to follow for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.