F1 Games

2013 F1F Formula One PS3 World Championship (Season 3)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,853 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

Yes guys, I have finally got round to doing this! As the official calendar has finally been confirmed, I can do ours, which I have done. There are other rules on there and some I shall nick from the Collantine Cup and add in.
    We shall get to cars soon, once I get everyone here. But yes, we shall be going soon!

The Wiki!

As I promised, some rules nicked form @commonmonsoon:

Absences – Drivers that fail to attend races without giving prior warning will be given a warning that – if not heeded – may result in their seat being offered to a reserve. If it’s not possible to attend a race and you notify the others in advance, you will not be penalised.

Forum Behaviour – The philosophy hasn’t changed since last season: if you have a grievance about something that happens on track involving another competitor, do NOT make angry, accusatory, childish comments in this thread. We do not accept or put up with that sort of thing in this series. That is your one and only warning. If you have an issue with someone else, first of all remember that this is a video game and if you’re really that upset by it, you should maybe reconsider your life priorities. Secondly, if you wish, contact the person with whom you have a grievance in private, either through F1F PM, PSN or another private channel.

Invites will be sent out at 9:50am GMT (10 minutes before event start). Drivers can join at any time between then and the 10:00am GMT start, but if a driver fails to enter the room within that time without notifying that they will be late, the race will begin and that driver will not be allowed to join the session.

As ever, there will be a chat room created for each Round of the Championship. The new season brings new rules regarding the chat room however, and they be this. You MUST join the chat room if you wish to race. After qualifying, there will be a 2 minute wait to allow drivers to make a toilet break, get a drink or do whatever else is required to prepare for the race. During this time, no one is to select ‘Go to Race’ on the menu screen. I, (or whoever is the nominated host for that particular round) will ask you all to confirm that you are ready to proceed before beginning the countdown to the start of the race. You shall confirm you are ready to race via the chat room and therefore if you are not in the chat room, you cannot respond quickly and therefore will not be invited to race.

As a side note guys. I only want people here who are serious about joining for the whole season, not just doing a few races and then disappearing off the face of the planet (or F1 Fanatic in this case). In some cases, like Asanator and Brooksy007, I know they struggle to make each race, but they always comment that they won’t be racing and keep us updated. This is what I want.

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Just posting here to make it official that I shall be here, looking to carry on from my Winter season success of two titles :D

(As a side note: Will the 2012 Championship standings be updated soon? :P)

Oli Peacock
    Participant

Shotgun/Bagsy Sauber

sozavele
    Participant

@bradley13 I cannot commit to a full season, therefore I will not be participating. However, I am willing to offer my services as a season reserve, so hopefully I can still participate a bit when numbers are a bit low.

RagingInferno
    Participant

I don’t think I could commit to racing on Sunday’s as it isn’t the most practical day for me. I’m 100% up for Saturday races in the F2 championship however, and would be more than happy to fill in any remaining seats when I’m available for the F1 series.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Ok guys, let me know if you can make it or not :)
    @MoSs-611
    @bradley13 – Confirmed
    @JamieFranklinF1 – Confirmed
    @alfie – Confirmed
    @david-a
    @electrolite
    @abboracing
    @olliekart – Confirmed
    @Asanator
    @Shyguy1992
    @tayzz94
    @RoboCAT
    @f199player

As for you guys, I have you in as ‘mid-season entrants’ at the moment.
    @shaneb12345678910
    @BROOKSY007
    @ed24f1

Alfie
    Participant

Aye I’m in.

sato113
    Participant

ooh could i join? mercedes or team mates with @alfie in whatever car. if he agrees!

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@sato113 – At the moment I had 16 people but you are on my reserves list, at the top infact. However, you joined one of my Championships before and didn’t compete in a single race and also never commented again. I don’t want that this year, I only want people here who are going to be active. I know you have been in the Collantine Cup, which is good, however not as much so in the Winter Series. Will you be active here if you can get a spot?

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I’d also like to add, as I’m sure will be the case, teams will be chosen based on finishing positions in the previous in-season Championship, so it won’t be a first come, first serve basis. ( @Bradley13 can let me know if I’m wrong).

I believe this means, that with Shane gone, Brooksy leaving, and Moss leaving too, that puts Bradley at first pick, and I think me second. Obviously, I can’t give a list, as the former Championship’s table is still incomplete :P

sato113
    Participant

@bradley13 im sorry if you saw it that way. however I joined that series as a reserve for jamie’s teammate at round 2 (malaysia). I was never confirmed as one of the full time drivers. I did express my desire to continue in the series but having no internet at my flat for almost a month meant i couldnt compete in Hungary. there may have not been any space anyway. because I was a reserve. I hope you understand.

And yes I would be active.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@sato113 – Absolutely. It will be great to have you :)
    @JamieFranklinF1 is 100% correct. The first driver to confirm their participation for the full season that finished highest last year, will choose first. That may sounds complicated but I know what I mean, thankfully I have last years final standings, so I know :)

ShaneB457
    Participant

@bradley13 I will be able to come back racing at Monza, if there is space and you want me to be there :P Best of luck with the championship guys.

RagingInferno
    Participant

@bradley13 What is the plan with the F2 championship? Are the people who can’t get a seat here going there or…?

electrolite
    Participant

If I’m being honest I think the season itself is way too long. It’s also the reason a lot of people probably drop out halfway through, as it might lose it’s momentum, so to speak. Nevertheless, I’m definitely considering it, as well, racing is fun.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,853 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.