Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 1 day, 4 hours ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

2014 F1F Classic Playstation F1 Championship (Racers Needed!)

This topic contains 36 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of In_Silico In_Silico 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JamieFranklinF1
    JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Bradley13 – I’m fine with starting it in Australia, but Abu Dhabi is such a terrible circuit. It’s just long straights and 90 degree turns. Surely everyone would prefer fast, flowing circuits? Catalunya, Malaysia, Brands, COTA, Silverstone, Suzuka, Brazil, Estoril, Canada, Spa. Surely tracks like these are far more fun to drive?

Profile photo of ShaneB457
    ShaneB457
    Participant

I’m going to share my thoughts on this. Sorry if anyone is annoyed by my negativity..

It’s a pity that we have to resort to this because attendance has been poor. And I’m not really happy with these changes. Sure, racing the old cars are fun, but I don’t like them enough to want to spend over half the season racing them. It’s going to be 2 3rds of the season racing the old cars correct? Meh.. I prefer the 2013 cars, and just the normal rules.

Let me get this straight.. The buying of cars and all that means that the car performance for each race will not be equal? I can’t see how that’s a good thing. Then in each race a certain number of people will be at a big advantage and disadvantage performance-wise. It may lead to more variation, but it just mixes things up a bit too much for my liking. Anyone else think the same? Probably not..

Also, the calendar. I think anyone will agree with me that we should pick tracks that yield the best opportunity for overtaking and fun racing which is what we’re here for right? So.. most of the tracks that should be picked have got to be largely wide, have some long straights, and are fast and flowing. So please.. whoever is in control of making the calendar, please consider this. Tracks like Jerez, Hungary, Imola shouldn’t get a look in, in my opinion.

Again, sorry to be negative, but I’ve really enjoyed this league so far and it’s just a little disappointing to see changes being made that are not to your liking. But of course, I know that something has to be done to improve attendance.

I like the idea of two races in one day though. So two one shot qualifying sessions and two 25% races. That would be great.. or maybe a random grid 25% race for the second race with no qualifying. I honestly think that having two shorter races each Sunday, a proper fun calendar and just 2013 cars would be a good change. Also maybe even a random selection of cars for each race or race weekend? So people would be in different cars a lot. Please concider this. Thanks!

Profile photo of mrgrieves
    mrgrieves
    Participant

Hi folks. Im from the Xbox championship and we were talkiing about making after our last few races had an identical slump to yours.

I kind of agree with what @ShaneB457 is saying about how its a pity we have to resort to such idea’s due to interest dwindling but like in REAL F1 after 3 years of the same thing “Vettel domination” its time for changes to spice it up a bit. Like the real F1 our championship was usually dominated by the same 2-3 people every season here are some of the idea we’ve talked about or i’ve been part of in the past

– By having a 50% race with full points then a 25% race were we started with a reduced points system – 15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1
    – Both had Random grids to make the races more interesting
    – both removed fuel sim as testing showed that brought us all a bit closer

Im sure i wont be the only one following this with interest

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

I’d like to point out @Shaneb12345678910 – I don’t intend for this as a replacement for the other series. Simply an addition – a warm up, a bit of fun – ahead of the main Championship. The running of this will mean the in-season Championship is slightly reduced in Calendar size – not necessarily a bad thing – but this is just something a little different, not in any way a replacement series :)

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

…Wait, this isn’t just the main series having a revamp? I thought the point of it was to make things more interesting, and spread things out a little more, at least until 2014, where hopefully the game will be better in a number of different ways because of how 2014 is changing in reality, as well as next gen consoles.

Profile photo of RoboCAT
    RoboCAT
    Participant

How about making so only 2013 cars are used but put in the touring car type of events, sprint races, enduros etc. Though make everything equal, so equal cars, no setups, just plain who goes fastest. One shot qualifying etc. Just my suggestion though. :P

To be honest I like the original plan with the 90s and 80s cars. :)

Profile photo of Harry Westwood
    Harry Westwood
    Participant

I agree on the calendar thing… But sadly we’ll never see catalunya on the calendar :P I think the best place to end the season would be spa, what a legendary track to end the season at right?

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I think the best way to end it is Brazil. How many legendary showdowns have we seen at this track? You hear Brazil – you think final F1 race, it’s just logical :P

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Provisional Calendar
    Round 1 – 16th March 2014 – Australia (Albert Park) – 2013
    Round 2 – 23rd March 2014 – TBC – 1990’s
    Round 3 – 30th March 2014 – TBC – 1980’s*
    Round 4 – 13th April 2014 – TBC – 1990’s
    Round 5 – 20th April 2014 – TBC – 2013
    Round 6 – 27th April 2014 – TBC – 1980’s
    Round 7 – 4th May 2014 – TBC – 1990’s
    Round 8 – 11th May 2014 – TBC 1980’s
    Round 9 – 18th May 2014 – Brazil (Sau Paulo) – 2013

*Please note this round is dependent on the start/finish time of the Malaysian Grand Prix. If the race finishes in time we will race, if not the entire Calendar will be pushed back. Please also note that if any other race that starts before one of ours is delayed such that we cannot race, the Calendar will also be pushed back.

Profile photo of Little_M_Lo
    Little_M_Lo
    Participant

@bradley13 the Malaysian GP is usually 7pm for us in Aus, and if timezones dont change by then it should be an 8am GMT start to the race

Profile photo of Little_M_Lo
    Little_M_Lo
    Participant

@bradley13 @jamiefranklinf1 any news on prices?

Profile photo of ShaneB457
    ShaneB457
    Participant

If this is a seperate championship to the normal one which would be running around March, will the races be on every second week or how would it work?

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I’m pretty tied up with time, but I will let you all know as soon as I’ve figured out. As for the Championship – I’d prefer it being every other week, but given that I want to get a PS4 towards the end of February, I may not even finish the whole thing anyway :P

I can see this year’s Championship/s being diminished somewhat if people start to get next-gen consoles throughout the year.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@shaneb12345678910 – This Championship will run through until May. The usual Championship will begin after that and run as usual :)

Profile photo of In_Silico
    In_Silico
    Participant

@bradley13 Okay, thanks! I’ve made a new profile by the way so I’ll be using this one from now on.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.