F1 Games

2014 F1F Classic Playstation F1 Championship (Racers Needed!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

If you’re reading this and thinking – ‘hang on a minute, that’s not the usual name of the Championship’ – you’d be right. And there is a very good reason for that.

It’s not the usual Championship!

It’s something new, different – and hopefully exciting – that will re-invigorate my Championships and give us all a jolly good laugh and some fun on the way.

More news will follow shortly (the majority of it probably from @JamieFranklinF1) so stay tuned!

Oli Peacock
    Participant

My suspicions are aroused, as long as it’s not GRID 2 ;)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Should maybe make it a tad clearer. It will be using the F1 2013 game haha

Oli Peacock
    Participant

F1 Cars in a Touring Car series….my mind can’t comprehend what you have in mind!

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Just to shed a little more light on something rather vague:

We decided that the series was getting a little stale. The winter series this year is a definite low point, with the first race only getting four people involved. So, instead of having another ‘in-season’ Championship, in which the previous Championship order depicts who has which car and then race on a variety of tracks, we have attempted to spice things up with something a little different.

As you all know, the F1 2013 game has 80s and 90s cars as well as the regulars from ’13. It’s these cars that we want to incorporate within the series. Now, before you run off telling us that the cars aren’t equal, so it would be pointless…let me finish :P

Like in fantasy sport games, each competitor will have a certain amount to spend (everyone receiving the same amount), to buy a car from each era. The cars will be priced on how competitive they are, so if you decide that you want the 2013 Ferrari, then the chances are that you won’t have enough to spend on anything other than backmarker/midfield 80s and 90s cars.

Throughout the season, each era will have the same amount of races allocated to it, so you don’t need to worry about one person having a bigger advantage. But the reason for this change is so that it means that more people get chances at glory. We will have different people competing for wins, podiums and Championships. Now, you could choose the best car from one era and simply become the Champion of that section, BUT there will be an overall Champion as well, awarded to whomever accumulated the most points from the three different eras.

I’m hoping it all makes sense so far, and if there are any questions, then feel free to ask.

The race weekends will be run in one of three ways:

– One 50% race
    – Two 25% races (The second of which, will be a random grid order and be worth less points)
    – One 50% race, followed by a 25% race (Again, the second being the same as above)

I’d like to leave this choice up to a vote, because we want an active Championship, with the majority competing week in, week out, so why not let you all dictate a little how it could be run.

The final thing (I think) is that qualifying will be run on one-shot. This eliminates set ups for those who have more time to perfect them, creating a more equal field hopefully and could mix things up, because the fastest won’t necessarily be able to get that perfect lap in every time.

Due to the limitations of the 80s cars, we will have to limit the grid size to 10, but considering we are barely reaching that at the moment, then it’s not much of a limit. So if you have any interest, then let us know :)

(As a side note, though I haven’t discussed this with Bradley, I want proper tracks. Not stop/starty ones like Singapore, Abu Dhabi, etc. I’d much prefer anything old, with fast flowing corners because they are so much more enjoyable!)

Oh and the final, final thing is that the calendar will be shorter as well. I know that has been an issue for many in the past :)

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Im throwing the kitchen sink at joining this championship :)

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

As for the races, i’d go with x2 25% sprints. Keeps the races short and fun. Also keeping that in mind we could do a similar thing as to the V8 Supercars, with 2 races at each circuit back to back (not one race on both Sat/Sun)
    I’d love to see something like this go ahead as I feel it will bring more excitement as it give drivers a chance of redemption after a poor Race 1, or the exaxt opposite, providing a tight thrilling championship
    @bradley13 @jamiefranklinf1, Hats off to you guys for your creativity of this new league. I certainly cannot wait for the 5 lights to go out :)

Harry Westwood
    Participant

Jesus, this looks like a load of fun… You can count me the hell in! :D

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Glad to see some great enthusiasm already. I’d love to see the field reach 10 regular racers :)

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Happy New Year to all you guys in Britain & Ireland :)

Nic Morley
    Participant

I’m interested, the idea looks interesting and fun. So for example I could drive a Williams in the 90’s but then might only afford a um ahh ..Williams in 2013 mode?

To be honest I like the idea of one shot qualifying, no setups etc, just go as fast as you can in what you have. I would love to join. :)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

My idea for the way it would work is – as usual, on a Sunday at 10am – to do a one-shot Qualifying with a 50% race (so we can still make strategy play out) and then a 25% race with a reversed grid (if possible) or a random one if not. The reverse race will be worth less points.

Also, as usual, the Championship will start and end in Australia and Abu Dhabi – but that’s the only naff circuit we’ll have. I think ones like Brands Hatch, Imola, Canada, Monza and Silverstone will be focal points.

The series will run through only 9 weekends (a ton shorter than normal) but with two races still makes 18 in total. Each category (80’s, 90’s and 13’s) will have three rounds (six races).

I think @JamieFranklinF1 is still deciding on car prices and budget but it’s nice to see so much enthusiasm. Hopefully this series can be a bit different and unique and a bit more fun.

We also have the option of only competing in one or two selected categories for those who can’t commit to a full Championship. We have six of these places in the 13’s category and two? in the 90’s category. Please note these entries won’t be able to win the overall Championship prize.

Current sign-up’s
    Bradley Downton
    Jamie Franklin
    Dylan Lopez
    Harry Westwood
    Nic Morley

I’d also like to invite some people: @shaneb12345678910 @supernicebob @david-a @sato113 @ed24f1 @spud @magnificent-geoffrey @slr @commonmonsoon @aus_steve @shyguy1992 @electrolite @silverkeg @raginginferno @alfie @formula-1

My hope is to have a constantly full grid of people having a jolly good laugh and some good fun racing in a variety of cars against a variety of people.

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I feel like for the calendar, the participants should decide on three tracks they really want, and three tracks they’d be against. I don’t think there’s any point in doing tracks that the majority don’t like, and this way we can get a good read on tracks, which people actually want to race on.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@JamieFranklinF1 – That’s exactly what I was going to say :) (Australia and Abu Dhabi will still bookend the season though – sorry). However I don’t see the point in putting it to a vote until we have everything sorted and get everything done at one time. Prices and such for cars :)

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

@bradley13 could i bring up the prospect of an Endurance Race? This layout of each race weekend reminds me of the V8 Supecars and a V8 Calendar is nothing without the Sandown 500, Bathurst 1000, and the Gold Coast 600 (all part of the Pirtek Endurance Rounds). If this gets the green light, could we do on 1 weekend a 100% race distance at a crown jewel event? (Monaco, Spa, or Monza)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.