F1 Games

Best non-F1 racing sim

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lin1876
    Participant

Okay, we all like the various F1 games over the years, but I was wondering what our favourite non-F1 racing sim is. Only two criteria: 1) It can’t feature an F1 car and 2) it has to make some attempt at being realistic.

I realise I’ve probably just struck a match in a petrol station, but it would be interesting to hear people’s thoughts.

sam3110
    Participant

Not overly realistic, but I loved TOCA Race Driver 3, the sheer amount of tracks, championships and cars available was great, and the graphics etc. were good at the time too!

I wish they would bring back games like this, with lots of tracks and cars to choose from rather than the same old rubbish like in the Shift series

George
    Participant

Most the best racing sims have an F1 car in, my choice would be GTR Evo though

f1alex
    Participant

Yeah, I agree with @george, GTR Evo is great! In fact I think the whole of that “Race” series is brilliant, and massively underrated.

GTR series is great and I’ve had some incredible immersive experiences racing on that game, but I think Papyrus’ NASCAR Racing 2003 must take the crown as the best non-F1 racing sim of all time.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

Somehow a couple years ago I got my hands on the first GTR game and that thing was a blast. I’ve seen some footage online of Evo and have really wanted to try that since it looks much more polished.

robk23
    Participant

I’ve got GTR Evolution and a few of the add-on packs and it’s a brilliant game, I too would nominate it for best non-F1 race sim.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.