F1 Games

Codemasters announce Grid: Autosport for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I5RIoJgfQJg

GRID is back and it’s going back to its roots!

GRID: Autosport aims to move the series back in line as a more authentic racing game. Set to include a more authentic handling model (more Sim than Race Driver: GRID), five distinct disciplines; Touring, Endurance, Open Wheel, Tuner and Street. Race at 22 locations (primarily circuit based) with a combined route list that totals over 100.

This game is, at its heart, inspired by you guys, our core community.

– Offers previous features from the series
    – Largest amount of content yet
    – Will feel like an authentic experience
    – Different styles of driving
    – Career mode: become a professional pilot, get a teammate, get a sponsorship, and advance to the top
    – Several types of cars ranging from prototypes to super-modified vehicles
    – 22 locations
    – Over 100 courses
    – Online: join racing clubs and participate in weekly challenges
    – Share stats and climb to the leaderboards of RaceNet
    – Two different cockpit/in-car racing views

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hopefully a lot more of the Race Driver series which left us almost 10 years ago, and a lot lot less of the Grid series which, although only has 2 installments, has been rather naff. Even the first one is only really good for the demolition derby events.

But we shall see…

Looks promising, a shame about the lack of officially-sanctioned series though. Hopefully the balance is more towards real circuits and styles of racing than tedious drifting races around unrealistic street courses.

Steven
    Participant

That’s really good, I didn’t buy Grid 2 because of the fact that there were no real circuits (or a lack of real circuits). I’m normally not interested in street racing unless it’s arcade style (i.e. NFS Most Wanted).

I loved Race Driver GRID because of the variety of cars, LMP, Formula 3, F2000, touring cars, demolition derby, etc. and lots of great circuits. If they can pull off that type of game again, I will buy it!

matt90
    Participant

Why would any developer choose to put Yas Marina in their game unless they’re being paid an awful lot of money for it?

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Having had a bit of a look round, it seems promising! I’m also impressed they’ve taken input from BTCC drivers Matt Neal and Andrew Jordan.

Can’t wait to find out more about the Touring Car discipline, which will apparently be revealed a bit later this week. I think that’s the main reason a lot of people are interested, a good Touring Car game has been missing for years.

graham228221
    Participant

This looks like it will be everything that Grid 2 should have been. Grid 2 was easily one of most disappointing video game experiences I have ever had – I was such a massive fan of the first Grid, and was so excited about the sequel. But I ended up playing it for about a week, there was almost nothing that I liked about it. The handling was awful, the concept was tedious, unrealistic and hugely annoying, the single player campaign was boring, the choice of cars was disappointing, and it had next to no connection whatsoever with real life motorsport.

I still have no idea what Codemasters were thinking when they were designing Grid 2… who were they aiming it at, really? Did they even play their first successful Grid and the TOCA series before that? I actually hope someone got fired for it, because they are obviously in the wrong job.

Steven
    Participant

@bradley13 I still remember in Race Driver: GRID they had some basic touring cars (I think they were the WTCC models, a BMW 3 series touring car and a Chevy Lacetti touring car) and they were fun to drive.

What I want Codemasters to do is leverage all the great tracks they have for their F1 games and include those; surely the tracks themselves aren’t tied into an F1 license? It would also be cool if they expanded on the open wheel/LMP car selections they had in GRID, like having GP2/GP3 cars (the F3 and F2000 cars in GRID were my favourites to drive), more LMP cars, even a few demolition derby tracks (sometimes you just need to crash into things).

We’ll forget GRID 2 was made and call this the actual successor to Race Driver: GRID.

henry drewery
    Participant

looks good but maby a few more cars

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.