F1 Games

Codemasters F1 2015

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    tjuk
    Participant

Some interesting info on these slides. For example it says that the game will ship with the 2014 season cars and some 2015 cars. The rest of the 2015 field will be added later via live update. Also, it talks about them trying to hit 60fps at 1080p. Currently running at around 45-55fps but with optimisation still to come.

I really hope they manage to pull off 60fps. It will make such a difference to a game like this.

tjuk
    Participant
    Mackeine Loveine
    Participant

For all those guys who are waiting to see how the F1 2015 game will look like, check this out:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2015-the-game-details-and-images-leaked.101043/

They are only five pictures, but all have something that are worth talking about.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@cocaine-mackeine – Seeing as your topic was the same as another that was set up, I’ve merged the two.

Kingshark
    Participant

In the 3rd picture (onboard with Hamilton), the AI look significantly less bunched up than they are on previous games. On F1 2014 the AI would always leave about four car widths of space on the Alex of turn 1 at Monaco.

Just an observation.

Benoit Aubin
    Participant

Game look really nice.

PorscheF1
    Participant

I’ve been with them since 2010 and I really hope 2015 finally delivers.

Strontium
    Participant

With the exception of 2010 to 2011, the progress through the games has been baby steps. They need to produce something major now. With the new technology there are no excuses available.

A new trailer for the game has appeared today:

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Looks impressive, they’ve definitely been working on that since 2011 @strontium for the next generation console. Nice that 2014 is included; it would be even better if they added their whole back catalogue and had a career mode starting from 2009! But the two hybrid years is a good start. I can see them updating the 2015 cars until the end of the year before moving on to the 2016 version.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Watching this gameplay video from E3 again, the corner doesn’t look too sharp, but how I imagined they actually wanted it looking at the CGI – I can only imagine that the CGI wasn’t fully accurate.

ForzaAlanRabbit
    Participant

From what I’ve seen so far looks a step forward from f1 2014 the handling looks a bit twitchy with a controller but I think drivers that are decent will make it look more natural. The game itself and the quail its looks good and I really like the colour filter. Hopefully the gameplay is good and the “pro season” mode sounds good to me.

dragoll
    Participant

Looking at the video @fastiesty uploaded, I think that the understeer aspect is improving. That tight right hander before the final left right in Mexico looks very challenging and that Williams looked like it didn’t want to turn in at all, on the final lap he even attempted a slower entry but got swamped by the field, so I think the balance is looking better.
    My biggest issue with these games is that understeer in games doesn’t translate too well. When I drive at track days I hate understeer, because I not only drift wide, but on certain corners I end up with chattering, where the suspension is fully compressing and then fully unloading and repeating, I’ve never seen a racing game do the chattering effect well. I am involved at a very distant level in local racing in Australia and can confirm that chattering does happen in lower formula (formula ford/karting/formula holden), so I presume it happens in F1 cars as well.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

@dragoll Interesting, do you mean all sims or just mass market games like F1? It would be interesting to see what you make of iRacing or Assetto Corsa for the same effects (they do have similar cars.. e.g. Skip Barber F2000?).

Prominent sim-racers came 2nd and 3rd in GP2 qualifying (Vandoorne and Stanaway). Stanaway was almost unbeatable in iRacing, winning the Pro series while recovering from a broken back! Also, Shane Van Gisbergen is on there a lot and naturally one of the best in the V8 Supercar. There’s been many close races between those two!

dragoll
    Participant

@fastiesty Can’t say that I’ve played iRacing, perhaps I should look into it. I speak obviously of the games that I play and from what I’ve heard about. As for a run down, I’ve mainly played on console for years, so the likes of the Forza series on xbox, GT series on PS, F1 20xx series on Xbox, I’ve dabbled with some pc games, but i need a steering wheel/pedal set for the PC. Although, I think I’ll be getting one near the end of the year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.