F1 Games

Codemasters F1 2014 info

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

…is coming within 24 hours. Just so you all know!

I will update this thread after the announcement is made.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Hallelujah! It’s been long enough, normally the game is out on the Weekend of the Singapore Grand Prix

First images I’ve found…

New details from Codemasters:

Today’s the day we can finally talk F1!

First things first, we’re working on two new Formula 1 titles – one on old gen, the other on new gen.

Coming October 17th is F1 2014 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Drawing upon all our experience in developing Formula 1 titles down the years, F1 2014 recreates this year’s incredible season featuring all the seismic changes to the sport, including new turbocharged cars, new circuits plus all the driver moves.

Now onto new-gen. 2015 will see us release our first title on new-generation platforms. The game will launch earlier in the Formula One season and then go onto receive live digital updates. These updates will deliver 2015 content into the game as the season unfolds, ensuring you’ll be competing against the same drivers and teams you watch week in and week out!

We’re incredibly excited about new-gen F1 and we know you are too. We’re not yet ready to reveal everything about it yet, but we’ll have a lot more info to share once F1 2014 launches this October.

sozavele
    Participant

So is this the last game that will feature on the older gen consoles like the PS3?

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Not gonna buy the PS3 edition, and hurry up in getting a PS4. I dont see it being much more than an F1 2013 replacing Classic Cars with an 8th gear. F1 2013 got so much hype for what ended up proving anything but.

All I know is it won’t run on my PC :(

Then again while it’s somewhat their fault not to support GNU/Linux it’s mine not to have a decent-for-gaming PC anyway, of course!

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

So I’ve waited all this time to be told that I won’t be able to play until next year? Fantastic. I guess I won’t be participating in any Championships this year :/

@jamiefranklinf1 If you’re saying that the only console(s) you own is newer than the one F1 2014 was made for: Wouldn’t you expect it to be backwards-compatible with F1 2014?

Then again, the newest console I’ve ever owned was a PS One, and that was because the original owners of it had owned a PS2 already (So I’ve never even tried PS2’s backwards compatibility with PS games).

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@davidnotcoulthard – Not at all. I’m not an advocate of backwards compatibility. When I got my PS3, I never played any PS2 game again, and since I’ve had my PS4, I have not once touched my PS3. Even with the supposed lack of games on next-gen, I have found plenty to play, and the quality has been much better.

All I can hope, is that they’re spending more time on the next gen version, and that’s why it’s being released separately, because F1 2014 certainly doesn’t look a lot different to 2013.

I imagine that the focus is on the 2014-15 game on PS4X1 and that the 2014 last-gen game is going to be a final hurrah for the F1 series in its current state.

I expect/hope that the 2014/15 next gen game will be where all the revolution happens.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@davidnotcoulthard I’m in the same boat as @jamiefranklinf1. PS4 isn’t backwards compatible, so I’ll hold out for next year. Although if the PS3 version drops in price fairly rapidly, I *might* consider it then.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

In complete agreement with @JamieFranklinF1 and @the-spuditron. To me, F1 2014 seems like it’s just going to be a stop-gap game. Basically everything 2013, but with 2014 cars, liveries (in part) and tracks. 2015 is where everything will be new and exciting and different. I’m not sure I’ll go out and get this with the likely high price of £40 and just as likely lack of new features and anything hugely interesting (which is sad seeing I’ve got every game since F1 2001!)

Which does mean, @JamieFranklinF1 and @the-spuditron – I’ll be quite happy to run a Championship on F1 2013 if we get enough interest!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@bradley13 Thanks for the offer Bradley, but unfortunately I’ve traded in F1 2013 quite some time ago.

Edit: I’m not sure about the 2015 edition either really. I am very curious to see how this game will look on the PS4, (every other game I’ve played on it looks stunning, it must be said). I remember picking up F1 Championship edition and being blown away with the graphics and everything else. I hope that happens again with the 2015 edition, and with the power of these new gen consoles, I expect to be.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

So they have to censor every single bit of alcohol advertising but not the penis noses?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.