Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 16 hours, 22 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

Collantine Cup the Fourth

This topic contains 316 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of supernicebob supernicebob 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 317 total)
  • Author

I think I actually hate you, slr.

Profile photo of electrolite
    electrolite
    Participant

Qualifying: 4th (Primes)

I was surprised to be one of only 3 starting on the harder tyre, along with @ed24f1, who opted not to qualify at all, and my teammate,@magnificent-geoffrey. Given the pole time was only 0.8 quicker than mine, and on the quicker tyre, I was pretty pleased.

Race: 4th (P, P, O)

Mr 3rd or 4th place does what he does best – comes 3rd or 4th again. I went for a 2 stop strategy – Prime, Prime, Option. It soon became clear Ed did the same, and we were neck and neck all the way through, pretty much. I got punted at the start, and @slr and I found ourselves at the back. We had a great battle in the first stint (I left it out of the video as to not make it too long) but I do hope he’ll agree it was clean and fun.

I made my way through the field, and sure enough, by the end of that stint, the 3 of us on primes were leading the field. Unfortunately @aus_steve disconnected :(

I was waiting for someone on a different strategy to us to come out of the pits. Sure enough, it was bitter rival, @commonmonsoon. I had no idea what the Lotus guys were doing, but me, Damon and Ed began a titanic battle that lasted till the end (see the video). I thought it was potentially for the lead, perhaps, but it became obvious later that the Lotus boys managed to avoid it all together on a different strategy.

Watch this video! It’s not great quality, (and the text disappears too quick) but it shows my start, and the half-race long battle between myself, Ed and Damon from that point in the race on. It was rate fun, and shows a few of the incidents that occured later on, from my end. Oh, and when we all ran into @thespuditron (literally).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysHv-Kk8aJo

So overall it’s not bad as a result, and I managed to make the strategy work. I without doubt had the pace to go better than I did, but in hindsight I couldn’t have really done anything different. I’ll miss the next race as I’m in London for three weeks now – CCRAP has been informed. See you guys at race 3.

Profile photo of ShaneB457
    ShaneB457
    Participant

Hmmm. Perhaps it’s not just my F1 game. Battlefield 3 is also freezing quite a bit after playing it today.. looks like the problem could be with the PS3 itself. I’m thinking of bringing it into an electronic repair shop this week to see if they can fix the problem. @magnificent-geoffrey I’ll keep you posted of course. Fingers crossed everything will be okay for next Sunday!

Profile photo of Slr
    Slr
    Participant

I think I actually hate you, slr.

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

We had a great battle in the first stint (I left it out of the video as to not make it too long) but I do hope he’ll agree it was clean and fun.

I do agree.

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

@electrolite – That was not luck! :P We planned and practiced for that :P Haha

Profile photo of JamieFranklinF1
    JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I don’t know if Bradley actually planned for that, but that was certainly my plan :P

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

No haha, I fully planned to do a 3 but changed my mind when I realised copying Damon would just resign me to third if not worse, so I had to do something different.

Profile photo of Common Monsoon
    Common Monsoon
    Participant

We had a good conversation… Heh heh heh

I want to get in the fridge too.

Profile photo of Common Monsoon
    Common Monsoon
    Participant

Profile photo of sato113
    sato113
    Participant

wow incredible pre-season write up. sorry i missed round 1. will check out the calendar

Profile photo of sato113
    sato113
    Participant

@magnificent-geoffrey considering you signed me up when I had never actually posted in this thread saying I’d join, i think giving me a warning for missing the first race is a bit unfair. no? ;)

I’ve been off the forums for a while so missed all the hype, but now I’d like to join in my mcalren :)

@sato113 Yeah, that would be a bit bizarre and unfair of me, if it wasn’t for the fact you already signed up for this series over a month ago when I sent you the form.

Profile photo of supernicebob
    supernicebob
    Participant

Right. Apologies for not sooner apologising for the first corner incident which I was to blame for. First day back at school and all that, plus that’s the first race I’ve done in ages. Not that those excuses cover the very rookie mistake that I should know better than to go doing. As possibly mentioned in the build up to the race, I was not in peak condition, but again that is my responsibility.

Not much to report otherwise. After getting out of position relative to my capable pace I think I held some of chasing pack up for a while, and slowly shuffled back to where I belong. I had a bit of racing with David, but I knew ultimately I would not be racing with him come the end. We did have a bit of a tangle whilst we overlapped strategies though, where I’m not really sure what happened as I thought I’d left enough room on the inside, but perhaps not.

Profile photo of sato113
    sato113
    Participant

ah fair enough mag

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 317 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.