Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 5 days, 13 hours ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

F1 2011 Online Community Thread

This topic contains 92 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Browny Browny 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of smifaye
    smifaye
    Participant

Also the 4th and final developer diary has been released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCRwu8EAAO0

Basically smifaye, the Safety Car will be deployed after Turn 1 of every online F1 2011 race, ever.

Profile photo of ajokay
    ajokay
    Participant

I’d like the opportunity to stick my nose in and promote the Really Rubbish Racing Xbox 360 F1 2011 Championship, run by Smifaye. if anyone is interested:

http://www.reallyrubbishracing.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=42

Profile photo of S.J.M
    S.J.M
    Participant

IGN have a review of the game up

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1194797p1.html

if you want the short of it, its 8.5/10

Ok, read their review in full now. Seems that the only faults they can find is graphically (8/10 given) but it appears minor niggles for things like closeups of the track, slow-replays showing small glitches, but nothing that interups the game when being played. Im excited now, roll on next friday!

Profile photo of MuzzleFlash
    MuzzleFlash
    Participant

I never understood all the hullabaloo over the safety car, we had it 12 years ago in F1 1999 and I’m just after staring at the back of it for 3 laps from inside a virtual Cavalier, will be interesting to see how it works online though, hopefully the game doesn’t wrest control from the player during the SC deployment.

Game-wise though I haven’t decided if it’s a PS3 or PC purchase for me yet.

Profile photo of jonnyw360f1
    jonnyw360f1
    Participant

PS3 | jonnyw360f1 | UK

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

PS3 | bradley1314 | UK

Profile photo of VettelS
    VettelS

At the moment I’m working like a madman trying to finish a website where you can record your season results.

Xbox 360 | sovietwookie | uk

Profile photo of Stephen Jones
    Stephen Jones
    Participant

PS3 | iamsa8 | AUS

#CollantineCup Represent!

also, Silverkeg.. who’s idea was it to release F12011 30 days before exams start! It’s gonna be a real test of self-control!

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’m thinking we need some kind of championship that everyone can play – especially if there’s a handful of us who use separate consoles. I know I’m on the PC, and very few others are.

The “Proving Grounds” caught my eye. They’re one-lap sprints using a set car and a pre-determined setup with the idea of being a particular time. I reckon we could do our own series, with the winner of each round choosing the settings for the next; for example, if I win the first round, I could decide that we do a lap of Korea in a Sauber with rain; and if, say, Geoffrey sets the fastest time, then he might decide on a dry lap of the Hungaroring in the Williams, and whoever wins that round decides on the next settings, and so on and so forth.

Profile photo of ed24f1
    ed24f1
    Participant

PS3 | ed24f1 | Australia

Profile photo of damonsmedley
    damonsmedley
    Participant

PS3 | d_smed2311 | AUS

I hate my current ID and wish I could change it, but it seems the only way to do it is create a new account and lose all of my achievements/trophies etc. :( I still might do that, however.

Oh, and Damon, you best keep one eye on your mirrors this season – I’m coming for you.

Honestly, the only thing I’ll have to look out for in my mirrors this season is cars coming up to lap me!

I’m thinking we need some kind of championship that everyone can play – especially if there’s a handful of us who use separate consoles.

I think that’s a great idea, but I think I read somewhere that the games are slightly different on each console. I’m not entirely sure if that’s true or not, but I think we’re all pretty laid back and it wouldn’t really matter. :) Also, what’s your new avatar? I don’t like this one, sorry!

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

My new avatar is Nathan Fillion as the ruggedly-handsome Richard Castle.

And I seriously doubt the differences between the games will be so vast that the same car with the same setup on the same circuit under the same conditions will produce wildly-different lap times. But even then, the rule could be that you have to use the “stock” settings – go into time trial, and go straight out onto the circuit without making any changes.

The “Proving Grounds” caught my eye. They’re one-lap sprints using a set car and a pre-determined setup with the idea of being a particular time. I reckon we could do our own series, with the winner of each round choosing the settings for the next; for example, if I win the first round, I could decide that we do a lap of Korea in a Sauber with rain; and if, say, Geoffrey sets the fastest time, then he might decide on a dry lap of the Hungaroring in the Williams, and whoever wins that round decides on the next settings, and so on and so forth.

I think that’s a great idea. I don’t see why they’d be much difference between the consoles and PC, except that PC players have the ability to mod game files, etc. Also, we’d need people to post screenshots of times for verification that they’re not cheating. But if you’re the sort to cheat for a silly contest on a forum, well, that’s a bit sad. Maybe we wait until a couple of weeks after the game’s out and we’ll choose the first challenge at random and then give everyone a whole week to do the best time they can.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.