Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 11 hours, 44 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

F1 Fanatic Xbox Championship – Season 5 COMPLETE

This topic contains 239 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of matthew matthew 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 240 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MadDogMolloy
    MadDogMolloy
    Participant

I could be in discussions with a potential teammate – I’ll let you know teams when we decide who to go for.

My calendar choices:
    Australia
    Canada
    India

@vitreouschain not sure yet mate. Depends how much time we have. We’ll decide tomorrow!

Profile photo of strunk27
    strunk27
    Participant

Hello everyone! It’s been far too long, as you know I’ve been very busy with school. I’m actually around one month away from graduating. However as I’ll be employed by the United States government (Air Traffic Controller) and with the current state we’re in over here I should be in for a bit of a wait. The point I’m getting at is that I will likely be much more available for this upcoming season, so there you have it. I’m coming out of retirement! I’m looking forward to racing again and am feeling great about the new game. @MadDogMolloy when do you think the season will begin?

My Calender Choices:
    1. Suzuka
    2. Canada
    3. United States

My Team Choices:
    1. Lotus
    2. Sauber
    3. Toro Rosso

(As I have not been around much lately I’m very flexible with team choices. Just let me know where I should go)

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@strunk27 hey mate – good luck with the month ahead.. Your new job sounds awesome!

Good to have you back.. We are starting the season next Monday (calendar will be confirmed in the next few days). We’re sprinting tonight if you’re around?

Profile photo of McWoblin
    McWoblin
    Participant

Track Preferences:
    1. Monaco
    2. Brasil
    3. Spain

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

I can confirm that me and @mcwoblin are reuniting as teammates. Our team choices are as follows:

1. Lotus
    2. Williams
    3. Red Bull

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@lemon @infernojim @ljkobrien @mrgrieves @strunk27 @ms20 @jonny705 @dazzaarcher @cscottyf195 @vitreouschain @strongo83
    @mcwoblin

We’ll start sprint races tonight at 8pm (BST). Looking forward to it!

Just waiting on @dazzaarcher and @mrgrieves for your team choices. Think we’re all set after that ( @strongo83 will be joining us later in the season and @infernojim doesn’t have the game as of yet).

Also waiting on both plus @lemon for your calendar choices.

Profile photo of mrgrieves
    mrgrieves
    Participant

@MadDogMolloy

Sorry guys. Had a busy busy weekend and couldnt have a proper go at the game till this afternoon. I like the racing and handling on this years game a lot more but dont feel very good at it. @DarrenArcher beat me at every practice session which is very concerning after we were so close last season.

We’ve agreed on a move of team too!

Teams
    1. Lotus
    2. Williams
    3. Red Bull

Tracks
    China
    India
    Italy

See you all on Monday night!

Profile photo of Darren Archer
    Darren Archer
    Participant

Hey guys!! Sorry for being late but had busy weekend and all that.

Finally though, I have my car and track choices, they are:

1. Lotus
    2. Williams
    3. Sauber

Track:

1. India
    2. China
    3. Italy

Also obviously @mrgrieves will be my team mate for this season.

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@mrgrieves @dazzaarcher damn you two! Me and @mcwoblin will have to go for Williams then.

Think that’s all us current drivers. I’ll publish the driver list when I get the chance. Newcomers can then see what’s available.

Just waiting on @lemon for his calendar choices – then I can count the votes and sort out the calendar. Only then will we know what the first race is. Hurry up Herbie!

Profile photo of infernojim
    infernojim
    Participant

Infernojim to take season 5 break.

The veteran of 4 seasons had talks with a Russian tycoon collapse meaning that he is being frozen out of the drivers market ahead of the new season. Infernojim was a regular in the early parts of season 4 before his sponsorship deal with the Ethiopian government spectacularly collapsed leading the Williams number 2 to miss most of the latter half of the season.

Frantic attempts to find new backers have proven fruitless and infernojim has taken the move to take a break from f1 in order to follow his second passion of skidoo racing!

Skeptics are calling this the end of the Finn’s long career with doubts about the 32 year olds motivation and commitment to the sport a claim which has neither been confirmed or denied by infernojim, who has been unavailable for interviews since the announcement.

Profile photo of McWoblin
    McWoblin
    Participant

Correction:

1. Monaco
    2. Brasil
    3. Canada

Profile photo of Lemon
    Lemon
    Participant

1.melbourne
    2.hungary
    3.catalunya

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@lemon @ljkobrien @mrgrieves @strunk27 @ms20 @jonny705 @dazzaarcher @cscottyf195 @vitreouschain @mcwoblin

Blimey @lemon you took your time! :-P

Ok so the votes are in. Here are the results:

Brands Hatch xxxx

Belgium xxx
    Brazil xxx
    Italy xxx
    Canada xxx
    India xxx

Monaco xx
    Australia xx
    USA xx
    China xx

Germany x
    Abu Dhabi x
    Japan x
    Hungary x
    Spain x

No love for Malaysia, Bahrain, Silverstone, Singapore, Korea or Jerez.

So, those with less than two votes will be spread across the next three seasons, only appearing once. Got to say.. Shocked to see Silverstone, Suzuka and Hungary there – all staples on the calendar up until now.

Brands, Belgium, Brazil, Italy, Canada and India are locked in for Seasons 5,6 and 7.

Now we have a problem here. There are 3 spaces left and 4 circuits (Australia, Monaco, China and USA) are tied on 2 votes each. To help us decide which should be dropped, please could everyone state which of these is their least favourite track. I’m conscious that we’re only days away from the first race so voting will close at 5pm BST tomorrow. The calendar will be confirmed Shortly after. If you want to practice for the first race it’ll probably be Bahrain or Australia (depending on if Australia survives the vote).

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

My vote for least favourite is USA

Profile photo of strunk27
    strunk27
    Participant

My least favorite of those four is China. @maddogmolloy when will the team situation be decided? If I can change my preferences I’d like to change it to:

1. Ferrari
    2. Sauber
    3. Toro Rosso

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 240 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.