Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 12 hours, 49 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

F1 Fanatic Xbox Championship – Season 6

This topic contains 177 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lt Alfred Lt Alfred 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of astevo1989
    astevo1989
    Participant

Sorry guys my game kept coming up with disc unreadable so see you at the next race.

Profile photo of Jamie Cochrane
    Jamie Cochrane
    Participant

Im ok with there being no action on the main race penalty. If theres no footage thats fair. I have footage of me getting spun out in the sprint race that I will put up.

Profile photo of mrgrieves
    mrgrieves
    Participant

@MadDogMolloy

Finally got my video’s up. Working off a new and rubbish phone.

Like i said at the end of race 1 i had a few incidents in the race but 1 in particular ruined my race and others along with it.

The Ferrari on the inside had NO CHANCE of making the corner taking out myself and @ljkobrien with a hapless move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD5s5T6X6nw

This was my 2nd race with a 4+ credit car and the 2nd time i’ve been wiped out at the start effectivly wasting 5 credits which i would like refunded. Any other decision would make a mockery of the credits system. Also as it was a feature race where i was in a car which was easily the 2nd fastest being a whole sector behind the leaders after 3 corners due to a move similar to Maldando’s on Gutterez last weekend was as sickning as it was disgusting! Certainly ended my chances of a top 3 finish and ending my season making it VERY Tempting to sit out at least the rest of the year whatever the decision.

Profile photo of Lt Alfred
    Lt Alfred
    Participant

I’d prefer to see Maddog’s video too, but it did seem that Chain took a reckless lunge up the inside that was never going to work, ruining another of y2j’s races. If anything is to be done about it, obvious I can’t be involved so you’ll need another steward maddog

Profile photo of VitreousChain
    VitreousChain
    Participant

I want to apologise for that incident, I braked too late, was a long way behind you on the straight and I had nowhere to go, my fault completely. Just want to say, that I would’ve made the corner, but you turned in too early. I think the incident didn’t affect your race too badly as the two first guys were too fast, maybe you would be 3rd, but I was taken out on the next corner by NHC, so I could be still 3rd. If you want video evidence of the incident, let me know.

Profile photo of Lt Alfred
    Lt Alfred
    Participant

Just a tip for future reference Chain. You might not want to say something is completely your fault and then blame the other guy a sentence later.

VitreousChain
    Participant

I meant that it was my fault that I got myself into that position going into the corner but it was partly his fault that he turned in, and touched me and then span.

mrgrieves
    Participant

At 1M 20secs i just froze the video and it shows me taking a PERFECT line through turn 3 to get the best run onto the straight to challenge Daz and Johnny down the straight into turn 4 instead im left span round the wrong way

Profile photo of MadDogMolloy
    MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@mrgrieves @ljkobrien @vitreouschain not at home so not able to look at the video right now. Once I do I can determine who can steward and let u guys know. I’ll upload my video if I get the chance.

mrgrieves
    Participant

And i think we’ve seen plenty of examples of drivers in real F1 races being totally out of sinc after having to fall right back down the grid. Massa & Hamilton in Japan 2008, Alonso at India last year. I Would have had to be 1 second a lap faster that Daz the whole race to catch up!

At the end i backed off to let NHC after our earlier incident get by then Chain appearaed ahead and got passed too, hence how he finished where he did. Nothing wrong with this bit. Its all my fault for backing off and not noticing Chain there.

Profile photo of MadDogMolloy
    MadDogMolloy
    Participant

Here’s my video..

http://youtu.be/SR1q_K0i7q8

@jonny705 @astevo1989 could you both be on the panel? I’ll send you a message…

VitreousChain
    Participant

@mrgrieves, well when I stop the video at 1M 20S, it shows the white arrows for a least a second and a half indicating that I am on the right hand side of you and you still turned in.

Also, you did a reckless lunge in the same corner on lap 1 in sprint race and overshot the corner completely, but you was lucky that you didn’t take out anyone because there was just enough room, and NHC was aware that you was approaching as far as I can tell. But I tried to avoid you in the feature race by going into the only gap I can see and if I moved off the track and missed you completely, I would’ve hit daz or jon who has already been around the corner. (Note that I was braking the entire way on the braking section, not releasing the brake and then engaging it again midway.) Will upload that video tomorrow.

mrgrieves
    Participant

@VitreousChain

Indeed there was a white arrow but i cant just disappear when the standard CHAIN outbreaking himself incident happens. If you didnt hit me you you were to hit JONNY as you had absolutely no hope of making the corner and not only ruined me and @Lt Alfred race but your benefited by bouncing off us and staying on the track rather than flying off to the run off area. There is more evidence of reckless driving later in the race when you broke WAY TO late into turn 4 where i had to predict if you were going to miss your breaking point again which you did. Wasnt going to put that video up but if i still have the race on my phone i will certainly put that up too!

Very humorous that you try deflect from your awful driving mistake by bring up a incident from the sprint THAT DIDNT EVEN HAPPEN! in your words “there was just enough room” suggesting i had judged my lunge or had the luck of NOT TAKING OUT TWO DRIVERS AND RUINING THERE RACE!

VitreousChain
    Participant

Longish post warning

Incident from my point of view. I am not saying you should disappear, you could’ve moved over a bit as maddog’s video shows that you had 1 1/2 to 2 car widths on the left of you that you could’ve moved into. I think the chances of me making the corner was on the edge, judging on the angle of my car. Any benefit I had, I lost it in the next corner where NHC span me around, and I let you and alfred by when I was on the side of the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB0wVoPBhjU

This is what I was talking about in the sprint race. I am NOT using this to deflect the main incident. I am using it as a reference point of what could’ve happen if a person was given enough room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6tDuobHFSo

Wanna bring up other incidents of reckless racing, what about lap 28? Notice that in the mirrors, it shows him having half of the car off the track up to the corner where he almost pushed me into the barrier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXA4N_xcpqE

mrgrieves
    Participant

Video 1
    When you hit the breaks you were at least 8 car lengths behind the top 4 who all broke at similar and proper points then by breaking FAR to late you found yourself in the middle of the accident.
    This is exactly what i’ve been preaching for ages. In any form of racing on line or real life everyone like the top 4 here race respectfully and responsibly at the start. Plenty room is given no incident and a fair race can comence.

Then there is always 1 driver who breaks far to late and because of this causes an incidednt exactly like this almost every single week ruining the experience at the very start of a race. Through last season of F1 2012 me and my team mate were taken out nearly by driving like that.

Video 2
    Bit rough maybe but nobody was taken out and it was almost one of the greatest overtakes i’ve ever seen. Cant believe i forgot about this.

Video 3
    Again good racing practice by myself. I made a mistake you were hit by bad driving but i stopped and let you back on the track in your position. Cost you nothing in fact you were already in a position by luck that i never saw you got passed NHC you’ll notice the gap suddenly drop by 10 seconds over a few laps as i backed off to let him get his position back but thats another story.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.