Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 2 hours, 3 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

F1F GT5 24 Laps of Le Mans (Sat. 11 June)

This topic contains 164 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ed24f1 ed24f1 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of damonsmedley
    damonsmedley
    Participant

I think a shuffle/boost championship with a higher PP (perhaps somewhere around 600) so it’s fast would be quick and easy to organise, and extremely fun.

Profile photo of TommyB
    TommyB
    Participant

Super Nice Bob in Free Practice 3 – http://www.twitvid.com/YARMQ

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

Love the pictures. I’m up for anything, be it 2 hours of nurburgring or something different.

Profile photo of Dan Thorn
    Dan Thorn
    Participant

The thing is that the LM24L was so epic that I’m sure an attempt to do anything else could end up being a disappointment. I don’t think I’d want to do long races too often, I’d rather compete in a championship or something.

Love the pics though, especially the one of me sideways into Indianapolis. I managed to pass someone round the outside of that corner towards the end. So much awesomeness.

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

Nurburgring is a pretty boring track, I know it like the back of my hand

All 140 odd corners??

Profile photo of RIISE
    RIISE

All 140 odd corners??

Sure do.

I know everything up until the exit of Karussell, then it just becomes a blur.

Profile photo of damonsmedley
    damonsmedley
    Participant

The thing is that the LM24L was so epic that I’m sure an attempt to do anything else could end up being a disappointment. I don’t think I’d want to do long races too often, I’d rather compete in a championship or something.

Exactly. Wait until next year for the next enduro. We shouldn’t spoil it.

Profile photo of Dan Thorn
    Dan Thorn
    Participant

I’m also pretty good with the Nordschliefe – especially the section after the Karussell. Nailing that in a decent car feels fantastic.

Profile photo of TrueF1Grit
    TrueF1Grit

NASCAR’s?

If I were to set up a GT5 series, how long would people want races to be? 30 minutes? 45 minutes? Maybe even a 10 minute ‘sprint’ race followed by a 30 minute reverse grid ‘feature’ race?

What about cars? A single-make Race Modified series? A set PP limited series? A ‘themed’ series, like nothing but WRC cars or LM Prototypes or even a ‘gimmick’ series where we use different cars for each race, like Tesla Roadsters one week and Minis the next?

Give me some thoughts, people.

(Although, that said, I am going to be relocating half-way round the world in a month’s time, which will probably limit my ability to compete in anything.)

Profile photo of irishlad
    irishlad
    Participant

Hi guys, i would be interested being in the next race, so ill give my input when ever needed.

On the issue of the next race, i think 30 – 45 mins is enough, with restricted PP t0 650 – 700.

I like your idea geof of the themes, like wrc, car make.

Profile photo of ed24f1
    ed24f1
    Participant

I like the idea of themed races – NASCAR, WRC, Super GT, good road cars, bad road cars, Ferrari F1 etc.

I don’t mind what the format is, either one long race or two short races totalling about 40 minutes I suppose, and then 10/15 minutes for qualifying.

Profile photo of jonnyw360f1
    jonnyw360f1
    Participant

Personally, I’d prefer a mix between the themed and gimmicky series – maybe have a race where we all use rally cars and then a race straight after it where we’re all in C4s. Sounds a little complicated, but I’m sure it would work out (both races would be on the same track). As for race length, I think the longest I’d want to race on GT5 online is half an hour – for the F1 races we did it was only 30-45 minutes, wasn’t it?

Profile photo of ed24f1
    ed24f1
    Participant

Yeah, I think the strength of racing online with GT5 is its variety, so it would be great to go through the extremes of using racing cars with Racing Soft tyres to rubbish cars from the 80s with Comfort Hard tyres, and some in the middle.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.