Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 1 hour, 57 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

F1F GT5 24 Laps of Le Mans (Sat. 11 June)

This topic contains 164 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of ed24f1 ed24f1 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Jones
    Participant

i’ll be taking the Team ORECA-Matmut Peugeot 908 HDi FAP..

this means the Factory Peugeot is still available.. for now!

shyguy1992
    Participant

me too please! “shyguy2008″

also i’ll take the team Peugeot Peugeot 908 :)

Slr
    Participant

Damn, I don’t have GT5, I’ll have to sit this one out. I’ll see you at the next Collantine Cup Championship.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

After much intensive testing, I finally settled on a car.

Only trouble is that Magnificent Bloody Geoffrey has gone and bloody declared it before I did. Luckily there are many cars I can use, and have therefore decided to take my second choice: The Bentley Speed 8 Race Car, also detuned to 700PP.

Press release also to follow.

RoboCAT
    Participant

@Damon Smedley. Lol I would love to do that! Yes it is freezing down here at the moment. I don’t know what car to use yet.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

After much speculation Daniel Thorn, one of this weekends favourites, decided on entering the Bentley Speed 8 for this years race. Earlier this afternoon reporter of the historic 24 Laps Du Mans magazine, Montague Fotherington-Sorbet, sat down and had a chat with Dan about why he’s made this decision and what to expect from the coming race.

Q. Hi Dan. There’s has been a lot of recent speculation and excitement about which car you’re entering in this years race. Can you elaborate on why you’ve chosen the Bentley?

A: Hi Monty. Well, it was a long and arduous process to try and decide what to race. I really wanted to give the Suzuki Escudo a run, but it was just producing too much drag on the straights and wouldn’t go much over 160mph after I’d detuned it to meet the regulations. After testing a few more cars [Mazda Furai, Peugeot 908 HDi, Jaguar XJ13] I’d found four main contenders: The Mazda 787B Stealth, Chaparral 2J, Toyota GT-ONE and the Bentley Speed 8. I took them out in the wet to try and narrow it down, and the Chaparral was awful. It has such a wide power band that the wheels were spinning up at just about any speed and it was undriveable. A shame because in the dry it was my favourite one, but racing it would be too much of a risk. My first choice was the 787B, but Magnificent Geoffrey went and bloody entered it first! That left me between the Bentley and the Toyota; I picked the Bentley because it was a lot less twitchy, but it was a tough decision.

Q. What are your hopes for the race?

A. To win, obviously! I wouldn’t have entered otherwise. Things look close with the initial testing times though, so whatever happens I’ll have to work hard for it.

Q. The media jumped on a story that you’d been effectively spying on Magnificent Geoffrey during testing. What was that all about?

A. Well, you know the media. It was really a nothing story – I spoke to Mag about it and apologised, but it was such a non event in reality. I just strolled past his garage with my head in that genereal direction, someone photographed it and it escalated from there. One unknown driver made an anonymous claim in a prominent Tasmanian tabloid that I’d actually been sabotaging his car, which is frankly ridiculous.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/cheddarcheese89/CircuitdelaSarthe2009.jpg

RIISE

^^^ =D

Me!! (oORIISEOo)

BasCB
    Participant

Love the press release Dan, curious to see if there will be a Fish Flusterer column put out ridiculising the English guy with something sharp as a name soon :-D

damonsmedley
    Participant

It’s official; Damon Smedley will be entering the 2011 F1F GT5 24 Laps of Le Mans in the Sauber Mercedes C9 – detuned to meet the 700pp limit. Press release may follow, but at the time this went to press, it was not known if Smedley would bother to show up to the scheduled conference.

George
    Participant

Me Please! (Kortisin) Jag XJR-9 LM ’88

My brother says I can borrow his PS3 for the race, so I’m in!

olliekart

I’m in a detuned MINOLTA Toyota 88c-v ’89

JT19

me please!! (jamiet19) – you already have my PSN Magffrey!

I am thinking about my car in the mean time. :)

JT19

jamiet19 will be driving the Audi R8 Race Car (Team Oreca) ’05

RIISE

I’ll be using the 908 HDi FAP – Team Peugeot Total ’10

I presume that won’t come under the same bracket as Steve’s.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I think Shyguy got there before you unfortunately RIISE!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.