Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 5 hours, 18 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

F1F Xbox 360 World Championship – Season 3 Completed

This topic contains 432 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of MadDogMolloy MadDogMolloy 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 421 through 433 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    infernojim
    Participant

A 110% race @ms20. Always looking to go that extra mile!! :-)

I wonder whether it would be quite cool to change the order a bit, a couple of ideas I had would be either:

1) Reverse season. Start in Brazil, end in Melbourne
    or
    2) Align some races to race weekends. For instance on 9th September, we do Monza, having just seen it live the weekend before. That would be more complicated to work out than the simpler reverse season option.

In terms of the season length I think 20 races, with 5 dropped makes sense, and with those breaks suggested I am confident that I would be able to attend enough races to make it worthwhile this season. I can only see myself missing 2 for certain based on what i know now.

I’m not that keen on 100% race distances, but am happy to go with the majority on this.

I can’t do the 15th of April for Sprint, but happy to miss it (I’ll be in France).

I could do tomorrow, but I think that might be somewhat short notice?

Also, if we’re starting on season 4 on 22nd, when are we going to start choosing teams for Season 4? Will we use the same method, e.g. everyone picks top 3 team preference, and then championship winner gets top pick, and so on?

@strunk27, you fancy trying to tie up the Sauber seats for season 4 if its possible?

Cheers

james

rob lomas
    Participant

I will have to miss the first 8 rounds due to GCSE exams so my first round will be silverstone, on my birthday

mrgrieves
    Participant

Season 4 Calendar

Im Quite Happy with it the schedule. Do we need 2 breaks especially if were having 4/5 dropped scores too.

Date wise i think if were going to do 100% races the calendar should be looked at so the races we do at 100% are separated out. A Vote will be necessary once we’ve all got our views across.
    Maybe Canada, Belgium and Japan? As that’s a bit spread out. Having races matching the real F1 schedule could be pretty cool too but happy with your current calendar to be fair just throwing idea’s out there. As for how many 100% races i say between 1 and 3. “No double points” If we did 3 races we could have a 100% championship table on the side perhaps?

Dropped scores
    I’m happy with 4. That’s enough

F1 2012 game
    Yep we have to stick to this game.

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@lemon @infernojim @ljkobrien @kvothe @mrgrieves, @McWoblin, @powderfinger, @strunk27 @ms20 @Sparky2315 @jonny705 @dazzaarcher @cscottyf195 @dazza1782 @mat-k @i300rn-5urv1v0r @roblo97 @zsmokey @power

Keep your ideas coming everyone! What do people think of @infernojims calendar ideas?

@infernojim Just waiting for more responses to the awards/feedback questions before I announce the results. I will then set up the new forum and wiki – I’ll ask for team requests once that’s done (same process as last year – think it worked really well!)

@roblo97 ok, I’ll put you down as a reserve driver for next season as it wouldn’t be fair on any new drivers that join us if there are no seats left. That ok?

@mrgrieves some suggested that they would like breaks during the season even with the ‘dropped scores’. Just making sure everyone’s happy! 😊

I like your 100% race ideas – it would be like the Atlantic/American Open (Canada), the European Open (Belgium) and the Asian Open (Japan). Yeah I’ll ask for circuit preferences with your team choices in the next forum!

rob lomas
    Participant

@MadDogMolloy
    yeah fine by me

Jonny705
    Participant

Yeah I suggested having a few breaks not only to benefit those that cannot guarantee turning up every week, but also for the times when a few get a little frustrated with their race or the game itself. I obviously had that five week period away where, at first, I was busy but afterwards had little desire to put the game on. Maddog I remember you hinting towards the end of the season that you were a little fed up of the game. Sometimes a week away can be a nice refresher.

On the subject of infernojim’s ideas, I wouldn’t mind a season in a different order, but I wouldnt’ want to start with Brazil as we’ve just done it. I am, however, definitely in favour of number two. I used to run a league of my own and the entire basis for our calendar was when the actual races were, running our events in line with the real Grands Prix and then slot the races that weren’t on during the season’s timeframe in the ‘off weeks’. It worked a treat. After each real race, most people had an immediate desire to jump on F1 and hotlap the track they’ve just watched on TV.

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

My race in Brazil – complete with commentary!

http://youtu.be/iAKvkhMUyyY

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@jonny705 yeah I just got annoyed with the bugs in the game towards the end of the season.

I do like the idea of a different season order – Means we would start in Bahrain on 22 April though as that’s the race on the weekend before. I’ll create a mock calendar alongside the calendar that we have now. I’ll be interested to see what you guys think.

strunk27
    Participant

Sorry for being so absent from the forums guys! School has been kind of crazy lately so I haven’t had much time. First of all thank you to @maddogmolloy for another well organized season. The work you put in is much appreciated. Also @infernojim I would be glad to move back to Sauber! I was not ready to live up to the pressure of The Scuderia… I let the tifosi down hahah. I’ve (finally) attached the post season awards below.

Thanks everyone for another great season,
    -Matt

Driver of the season – Lemon
    Pass of the Season (your personal favourite if you can’t think of any others) -
    Race of the Season- USA for me, first race back after being absent and did alright.
    Best newcomer – Jonny
    Best Race drive of the season (eg from last to 1st..) – not sure
    Gentleman of the season- Clean racing from everyone really
    Most defining Moment of the Championship – not sure
    Most controversial moment – not sure
    Most exciting start – USA for me
    Most exciting Qualifying – Australia for me
    Crash of the Season – I had an interesting one at the start of brazil
    Team partnership of the season – Mclaren duo
    Best Strategic call of the season – not sure
    Worst strategic blunder of the season – not sure
    Funniest moment – reverse monaco (or was it monaco in reverse?)
    Radio (headset) message of the season – pitcock
    The Pastor Maldonaldo award (for driver who loved to collect penalties) -
    Most improved driver From last season – markstrub
    The romain grosjean award (for driver most likely to be involved in first corner crash) -
    Quote of the season -
    Favourite sprint race of the season – Any Monaco race

For those who have completed more than one season..

What has been the most enjoyable season and why?- 2, my best performance
    What have been your 3 all time favourite races, 1 being best, 2 second best etc. (please state which season that race was held) -
    1. Canada (season 2)
    2. Hungary (season 2)
    3. Brazil (season 2)

Personal questions

Biggest rival – I was absent too much too say
    Any Personal milestones – my performance dropped off a lot this season so no.
    How you can improve next season – attend more races!
    Overall Personal highlight – Another well organized season!

Next season

What did you like about this season? The full calender was cool
    What could be improved? more dropped races possibly?
    Would you be interested in another championship? Absolutely

Sprint Race Championship

Which Mondays are you available for a sprint race championship in April? This next monday would be fine for me.

Ryan

———–

Awards

Driver of the season -Kevin
    Pass of the Season (your personal favourite if you can’t think of any others) -
    Race of the Season-Germany
    Best newcomer – Johny ??
    Best Race drive of the season (eg from last to 1st..) -Brazil
    Gentleman of the season-Y2J
    Most defining Moment of the Championship -
    Most controversial moment -
    Most exciting start -
    Most exciting Qualifying -Spa
    Crash of the Season -Singapore crashes everywhere
    Team partnership of the season -McLaren
    Best Strategic call of the season -
    Worst strategic blunder of the season -
    Funniest moment –On India in 7th or 8th I looked at a footy match on tv for a split sec and ended up in the wall
    Radio (headset) message of the season –
    The Pastor Maldonaldo award (for driver who loved to collect penalties) -
    Most improved driver From last season – MarkStrub
    The romain grosjean award (for driver most likely to be involved in first corner crash) -
    Quote of the season -Uhh Alfred
    Favourite sprint race of the season – Spa

For those who have completed more than one season..

What has been the most enjoyable season and why?-
    What have been your 3 all time favourite races, 1 being best, 2 second best etc. (please state which season that race was held) -

Personal questions

Biggest rival -uhh Daaza or DarrenARcher?
    Any Personal milestones -
    How you can improve next season -Challenge for 6th with every else
    Overall Personal highlight -

Next season

What did you like about this season?
    What could be improved?A break between races after a while
    Would you be interested in another championship?Yes

Sprint Race Championship

Which Mondays are you available for a sprint race championship in April?15th or whenever you hold it.

McWoblin
    Participant

Hey Guys, sorry for the lack of input, I will do the report tonight and deffinatly interested in another season, even if I do have to pick up my pace by about 5 seconds!

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@mcwoblin dude we’ve started a new forum: havent heard anything from you so thought you weren’t interested in continuing – http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1-games/forum/topic/f1f-xbox-360-world-championship-season-4-new-drivers-needed-12-days-to-go/

Unfortunately 17 seats have already been filled. You may have to take seat 18 – which means there’s a possibility you won’t be able to race at some races if we have a full 16 grid. I held off long enough to let you choose your team but had to let all the new drivers choose theirs! – sorry dude…. Get your confirmation along with your team choice from those remaining up on the new forum!

I’m writing up the results for the awards tomorrow so get them up before then if you can!

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

For more exposure, the results for the season 3 awards are on the new forum.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1-games/forum/topic/f1f-xbox-360-world-championship-season-4-new-drivers-needed-12-days-to-go/?topic_page=5&num=15

This season has been completed and this forum is now closed. If you are interested in taking part in the latest season please visit the front page of the new forum for details on how to enter

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1-games/forum/topic/f1f-xbox-360-world-championship-season-4-new-drivers-needed-12-days-to-go/

Viewing 13 posts - 421 through 433 (of 433 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.