@lemon @infernojim @ljkobrien @mrgrieves, @powderfinger, @strunk27 @ms20 @jonny705 @dazzaarcher @cscottyf195 @vitreouschain @strongo83
Ok so far the general consensus is..
- yes to new season structure (3 seasons, 13 races, voting for best races etc.)
- to keep same penalty system – if it ain’t broke don’t fix it! Maybe turn it to ‘Corning cutting only’ for sprint races?
- To have 50% race distance for every race (we could always do a mini endurance championship on the best tracks for those who crave 100% races?)
- 2 drop scores enough for 13 races.
- yes to DLC circuits, Imola/Estoril. The only worry I have here is with those that don’t have the classic edition or the DLC (don’t know how much extra this costs either). If you don’t have them, I would recommend them as they are fantastic circuits. However, Including these circuits in our championship wouldn’t be fair for those you don’t have them. At the same time, there are some of us excited by their potential inclusion….Someone suggested increasing the number of drop scores for the two seasons we use these tracks (like in my example on the previous page, we wouldn’t put both of them in one season). It’s probably the best thing to do. However I think three drop scores is slightly too much for 13 races (going in the fact that the average driver only missed 2-3 races over the course of 20 races last season!) the solution?? Leave one season as 13 races (with two drop scores) and the other two as 14 race seasons (to include one of each of these circuits plus an extra drop score to compensate). This also means we would have to increase the number of popular circuits from 8 to 9. Best to keep the longer 14 race seasons for seasons 6 and 7 as the DLC might even have reduced in price by then. It’s just an idea so interested in what you guys think.
And so on to some of your questions/queries/issues..
@infernojim no probs mate – let us know when you do get the game. You still want to choose your team with the rest of us or would you rather wait?
@ms20 some said the same about Williams in the last game. Is the Lotus really that much faster?
@jonny705 yeah I think you can download the classic stuff. Thanks for helping me with the tables this season. You sure you don’t mind doing them again? You did a good job last year!
@mrgrieves if I can get the forum up this weekend, everyone can begin choosing teams and circuits and we can then have the first race on 28 October. If not we’ll start the following Monday. If we do 13 races, we can have three seasons over the course of a year. I’ve outlined provisional dates below:
Season 5: 25 Oct 13 – 3 Feb 14
Season 6: 24 Feb 14 – 26 May 14
Season 7: 16 Jun 14 – 15 Sept 14
Each season would have a week break mid-season (two week break for Xmas in season 5) and there would be a two week gap between one season finishing and another starting (potential flexibility for three weeks if needed – s7 could finish 22/29 Sept 14).
@mrgrieves Your point about only racing on tracks we like – I don’t mind, we can do that if others want to… My thinking was that we could keep one of the advantages of having a full season (i.e. racing at every track, therefore providing greater proof of individual driver skill), but spread them out over the course of the three seasons. Once the results of our circuit choices come through, I’ll cluster the remaining in groups of three (as best as I can) so that each season will have one race from each cluster (so I could create a ‘boring races’ cluster and we’ll only need to race at one of them each season). Hope that makes sense… I don’t mind going ahead with your idea if others like it though.. Bear in mind that everyone will only get say 3 choices so that doesn’t necessarily mean those that aren’t voted are the worst. It might be that for some people, that it’s their 4th or 5th favourite…
Spoken to @cscottyf195 (Odin) over xbox live but would be interested to hear what some of the others might think before proceeding I.e. @ljkobrien @lemon @dazzaarcher @vitreouschain also @powderfinger and @strunk27 (if they are joining us)
I thought it might be an idea to get together for some sprints before we start the championship proper. Not only because we’ve been offline for five weeks but so we can test out this year’s online mode, connections, the penalty system etc. anyone up for doing this on Monday evening?
As a side note – been weighing up the pros and cons and decided that I’m going to get a Ps4. Did switch my thinking to xbox1 for a bit but have ultimately decided i wanna go back to Sony. Something to bare in mind after season 7…