@mrgrieves, @McWoblin, @carnivorouspope, @powderfinger, @lemon, @mnmracer, @strunk27 @infernojim @ljkobrien @kvothe @arowan @ms20
Awards – The Results!
Driver of the season – Lt Alfred
Pass of the Season – A real mixture of votes…
1. O Kevin around the outside of MadDog at Hungary
2. Lemon passing Lt Alfred at Suzuka hairpin
3. O kevin and Alfred either side of Lemon at spa (past eau rouge)
Race of the Season- Canada
Best newcomer – Lt Alfred (no one else was nominated!)
Best Race drive of the season – Lemon at monaco
Gentleman of the season- McWoblin (a close one!)
Moment of the Championship – Lemons retirement in Hungary
Most controversial moment – lemon vs Kevin at Brazil aka bugland
Most exciting start – Tie between Hungary and Belgium
Most exciting Qualifying – Monaco
Crash of the Season – Narrowed it down to the following:
1. O Kevin 130R suzuka
2. Lt Alfred Wall of Champs, Canada
The others that were nominated weren’t really crashes – more errors (Lemon at Turkey, Start at Canada).
Team of the season – Ferrari (no other team nominated)
Best Strategic call of the season – Lemon one-stopping at Monza
Worst strategic blunder of the season – My attempt to drive wet tyres on a dry track at the end of Hungrarian GP.
Funniest moment – Tied between:
1. The mental start of the Canadian GP
2. Mcwoblin and Lemon running out of fuel together as they fight for 2nd in Australia (my personal favourite).
Radio (headset) message of the season – 2 winners:
1. Lt Alfred going mental at his pit crew in Suzuka (see Alfred’s video!)
2. Unknown American coming on to provide words of encouragement to someone (we now know it was Strunk’s mate!!!!)
I’ll be sure to bring these awards up when I’m writing driver profiles or reviews in the coming future..
India – 6 votes
China – 5 votes
Singapore – 3 votes
Spain – 2 votes
Germany – 2 votes
Malaysia – 1 vote
Abu Dhabi – 1 vote
Korea – 0 votes
Valencia – 0 votes
India and China (2 emerging economic superpowers) will be added to the calendar for season 2.
I’ve taken at look at all your ideas and feedback. These are the main points…
1. The biggest point involves the structure of a race weekend. @mcwoblin mentioned having a sprint race and a feature race at each event. Race distance – 20% and 40%. sprint on random grid, but full qualifying for the feature. The biggest issue that came up was the amount of time it would take.
My opinion – I like the idea. But I think the time issue is important.. I know @mnmracer is ahead of us by one hour. Wouldn’t like to put off new drivers if they are in a similar situation. Also think it takes away from the big event of a single race. As @lkjobrien mentioned we normally had a casual series of sprint races after each race this season (with those left in the lobby at the end of the race). I’m happy to stick with that and have fun in this sprint championship coming up soon (more details below). However if people want to switch to 2 races at each event I’m happy with that.
@mcwoblin not sure about your random grid idea for both races as I think people enjoy qualifying. It’s the only point in the event that you can go flat out. But again I’m happy to implement if the majority want it. I like the idea of the random grid for the Sprint race mind.. @powderfinger I’ll take a look at your reverse race results idea if we follow through with the 2 race idea.
Ok, as this is a democracy….2 options: 1 vote each
Please declare your vote from the following:
Option 1- keep the structure as it is (with casual sprint races afterwards if people hang around)
Option 2 – 2 race event – Feature race followed by Sprint race (40/20)
Can you please post your response by simply stating option1 or option 2 please
2. Many of you wanted a larger no of drivers to compete next season. I’m going to create a new forum for season 2 and create a build-up period of say 2 weeks to allow newcomers the opportunity to sign up. I’ll create a season preview guide and I welcome ideas from you that would build excitement for the new season. I will advertise our championship on the Codemasters forums where I will include videos of races we have had in season 1. @ljkobrien said he would be happy to contribute to the discussion on there and add a second voice. @powderfinger Are you happy with me using your race videos? They are by far the best quality.
3. @Mrgrieves – like your idea for a full race season but the general conesus is to keep the season length similar. The one problem might be summer holidays. I know @ljkobrien is off for a while, as is @mcwoblin. I’m away first 2 weeks of July. @mcwoblin think an August start would be too late… f1 2012 would come out in September and distract from completing the end of the season. We will kick off within the next few weeks and maybe take a mid-season break in July.
Does anyone have any holidays planned? Now might be a good time to declare so we can fit it in with the calendar for the new season.
4. Monday still seems to be the best day for everyone. Sorry @infernojim… maybe get the other half involved? :-)
5. @mcwoblin I like your stat ideas. Feel free to try them out in the first couple of races of season 2. If you need information from us.. let us know. Thank you for helping out with the championship standings by the way!
6. @powderfinger I will be looking to introduce an idea that the ps3 championship came up with… Everyone has 3 votes for the team they want to drive for next season. Number 1 being the preference, number 2 next best etc.. The seats will then be dished out in terms of championship position in season 1. For example, after everyone has made their choices… @Lemon gets first pick, then @powderfinger , @lkjobrien and so on…going further down the list if we get to a driver who’s first option is a seat at a team which is full then we implment their 2nd option. New drivers will be given the first come first serve option (after all of us have got our seats of course). Think this is a fair way of distributing seats as I thought many of you would have wanted to change teams. If anyone has any other ideas, I’ll take a look at them.
I’m also thinking that maybe once teams have been confirmed, you and your teammate would be allowed to agree a team name if desired. E.g. If you are at Renault and want to call it Lotus, if you are at Force India and want to call it Jordan… even random names will be allowed!
Sprint Race Championship
Possible dates for this:
Wednesday 6 June
Thursday 7 June
Tuesday 12 June
Wednesday 13 June
Thursday 14 June
Saturday 16 June
Sunday 17 June
Monday 18 June
These are the dates I am free. does anyone have a preference?
Ok so there are 3 things that need your responses above. The race event idea, any holidays and your date for the sprint race championship. Let me know by midnight Tuesday 5 June!
Have a good extended weekend!