F1 Games

Formula Virtual World Championship

This topic contains 11,660 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Juan Pablo Heidfeld Juan Pablo Heidfeld 2 hours, 57 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 11,536 through 11,550 (of 11,661 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Juan Pablo Heidfeld

Participant

@robocat

Really like this! Would be nice to have tyre information as well

Profile photo of Harry Westwood
    Harry Westwood

Participant

@juan-pablo-heidfeld-1 there is tyre data

Profile photo of Cory Evans
    Cory Evans

Participant

Profile photo of Nic Morley
    Nic Morley

Participant

@robocat, @bradley13, @diceman, @formula-1, @jamiefranklinf1, @mathers, @pezlo2013, @juan-pablo-heidfeld-1, @sirspuddington, @aiera-music, @blockwall2, @theawesomefish, @holmqvist, @redmist<br />
    <br />
    2017 Formula Virtual World Championship<br />
    Round 8 – Austrian V-Prix<br />
    Red Bull Ring<br />
    71 laps
    </p>
    <p>Can everyone please message me their strategies and developments by this Monday the 12th of June. Apologies for the short notice.

In the meantime, check out the last time we visited Austria – 2014!

Nic Morley

Participant

Very interesting to see the return of Dwyer. Holmqvist have certainly upgraded their driver line up over the past couple of races.

Profile photo of Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Juan Pablo Heidfeld

Participant

@sirspuddington @robocat

Sorry should have made that clearer, I meant for fastest lap information it would be handy to have tyre info too, slightly easier than always going back to the first screen to compare.

Profile photo of Adam Blocker
    Adam Blocker

Participant

@robocat Thanks for putting the article together, it has lot of interesting info.

I’m surprised that Kiara is being replaced. She is a bit inconsistent, but she has also had several great performances ruined by unreliability. China this year as an example. Dwyer was also uninspiring at FUN, Ocelot, and is 18th in IndyVirtual standings right now.

Profile photo of Cory Evans
    Cory Evans

Participant

Kiara has not done too bad I will agree, but in comparison to Ellington she was nowhere really – and I do not rate Ellington as special, he was just the best available to me at the time. Dwyer is a proven race winner and has put in some very good performances in the past, and has actually been rather good in IndyVirtual so far this year, just very unlucky with retirements.

Nic Morley

Participant

Waiting on Austria strategies from @aiera-music

Profile photo of AMR
    AMR

Participant

@robocat Sent :)

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton

Participant

@robocat, @bradley13, @diceman, @formula-1, @jamiefranklinf1, @mathers, @pezlo2013, @juan-pablo-heidfeld-1, @sirspuddington, @aiera-music, @blockwall2, @theawesomefish, @holmqvist, @redmist

As I’m sure you’d guessed by now, unfortunately the race has been delayed until next weekend! For those of you involved in IndyVirtual, I will be running a round of that this weekend instead, with qualifying to be posted later today.

Nic Morley

Participant

It’s been quiet around here lately… here is something to spark some discussion. :-p

What are your predictions for Austria? Who will be the driver to beat? Half way through the season, who do you think will win the title?

Bradley Downton

Participant

I think Austria is going to be more open than a lot of races. With a shorter track heavily influenced by power, the drivers getting good laps or not really will make the difference.

Driver to beat? I’d say Nathaniel is the target, but Klaas has proved more than a match for him. You can never discount Simon either, but without wanting to sound big-headed, if Simon wins the title it’d be the biggest shock in FV history. We’ve been consistently much quicker.

Title? Us for the constructors, as for the drivers: I’ll let them sort that out themselves, hopefully between the two of them!

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick

Participant

Agree with Bradley on how I reckon Austria will go, should be a track that might throw up which teams have gone for Engine rather than Aero, and with it being such a short track, the more consistent drivers will likely perform better tan those who make a few errors every so often.

At the moment, Powers does seem to be the driver to aim for, he’s been on quite a run since the start of the European season, but Klaas is still snapping at his heels. If he can iron out the kinds of silly errors we’ve seen from him in China and Germany, for example, he could be a very serious threat to Powers this time out.

As for the championship, I’m going bold and saying Simon will win. The two Downton drivers will take points from one another, I feel, which will allow Simon to creep up behind them and steal the championship at the final round. Downton should still win the Constructor’s Championship, though, probably with a couple rounds to spare.

Bradley Downton

Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 11,536 through 11,550 (of 11,661 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.