Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 28 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

Gran Turismo 6 Le Mans Series – Le Mans on the 15th

This topic contains 83 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Harry Westwood Harry Westwood 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’d be up for a bit of racing this evening. 9pm is good for me too.

Lin1876
    Participant

Unfortunately, it looks like I’ll miss the first few races. I’m probably looking at Spa before I can race, though I won’t rule anything out.

Anonymous

Was wondering earlier today, do any of you guys have Twitter? I know Lin does, but was thinking it would be handy when arranging some practices or races or whatever as sometimes, with me at least, notifications don’t always come through on here.

If any of ye do have twitter, you can following me. My twitter handle is @thespuditron.

Let me know what you think.

MazdaChris
    Participant

I’ve certainly got some work to do on my setup. Was also having some real problems seeing the track when it was dark, really struggled. Still, bit of time to get it all sorted so hopefully I’ll be a bit stronger on Saturday.

The race start was a catastrophe.

David-A
    Participant

Yeah, the standing start seemed to go wrong for some reason, I’ll look at that again in the replay. Luckily we’ll do a rolling start with formation lap for Saturday’s Daytona race.

MazdaChris
    Participant

When the race started my screen was black other than the HUD, and my steering wheel was going nuts. I could hear the engine revving and the car spinning around. Then suddenly it all appeared and it looked like I was part of a little group who had stopped at the start.

I then had a few glitches through the race too. A couple of times the screen locked up momentarily and then suddenly I was spinning.

Hopefully today’s update will fix some of it.

David-A
    Participant

Race 1 at Daytona tomorrow, with rolling start, 14:00gmt guys! See you there @mazdachris , @baldgye , @jake2013guy & @spud (with @lin1876 joining in a few races hopefully).

I have a Twitter account @spud , I just never seem to use it! :P

Anonymous

Barring any unforseen circumstances, I’ll be thar.

Thanks be to Science it’s a rolling start! :O

Anonymous

@david-a That unforseen circumstance I mentioned there? Well, Update 1.03 for GT6 will not update and my PS3 keeps crashing every time I try it.

I’ll be there if I can.

Lin1876
    Participant

@david-a I might actually make tomorrow due to a change of plans, though I’ll be badly unpractised if I do. I’ll know more tomorrow morning.

Guess I should, you know, buy the car.

David-A
    Participant

@thespuditron – I had that too, apparently you to avoid it, you have to hit X literally as soon as the update screen(s) come up.

Lin1876
    Participant

People having problems with the update (like I had): Ployphony have released a fix. http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3266694.html

In short, you need to press OK within 2 seconds of the initial message appearing on-screen.

Lin1876
    Participant

Sorry for bailing on you guys, I really wasn’t ready for this week having finally got enough credits together to buy the car about 5 minutes before joining the lobby. I was about 13 seconds per lap off the pace and barely able to make it round the infield without spinning, so I jumped out before I caused a an accident, probably when the leaders came round to lap me. I’ll put my hands up and say that entering today was an error of judgement on my part.

I’ll be back for Spa and I’ll be sure to get some laps under me before then. I don’t mind being at the back, as long as I trust myself to get out the way!

Anonymous

@david-a Ok, will give that a shot. Apologies for the absence today. Will be back for next week. Grand Valley is good fun.

David-A
    Participant

Race Results:
    http://i.imgur.com/3Iz1k72.jpg

After I disconnected, there were apparently glitches for the rest before the end, so 2nd-5th show up as DNF for some reason.

Championship Table after round 1 (bearing in mind I disconnected before Tay retired):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/102998409@N03/12022511536/

See you guys next Saturday at Grand Valley!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.