Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 3 days, 2 hours ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

Gran Turismo 5 Le Mans Series

Tagged: , , , , , ,

This topic contains 272 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David-A David-A 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lin1876
    Lin1876
    Participant

I’ll be there.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’ll be there too.

Profile photo of MazdaChris
    MazdaChris
    Participant

I’m around for this

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

@mazdachris @lin1876 @spud @bmwzyla

Room is open for practice.

Profile photo of Lin1876
    Lin1876
    Participant

Most enjoyable. I was much closer to the pace this week and had a good battle with Paul in the final few laps as I struggled on the hard tyres. As I said, I’m 40/60 for next week and almost certainly out after that, but thanks to @david-a for everything.

For your pleasure, here’s myself and @mazdachris having an “Ooh, that’s going to be expensive” moment:

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

Results after 33 laps:

1) Crunch630 49:17.218
    2) David_JV +25.690
    3) Jake2013guy +1:29.312
    4) Mazdachris +2:03.097
    5) Lin1876 + 2 laps
    6) Ibbo1981 + 2 laps
    7) Thespuditron DNS

MazdaChris
    Participant

Good race guys. It was always going to be a struggle, and not helped by the fact I just couldn’t get my setup right. Was under steering all over the place and miles off the pace. Hopefully Monza will play more to my car’s strengths and I can be a bit more competitive. Still, fun regardless.

@lin1876 that was totally my fault. Span coming out of the pits like an idiot. Hope it didn’t cost you too much time. Shame you won’t be able to see out the rest of the season. Need you there to help represent ‘proper’ Le Mans cars ;-)

Profile photo of Lin1876
    Lin1876
    Participant

@mazdachris It’s fine. We were both on our own at the time so it was funny more than anything. Glad I’m not the only one in a “proper” Le Mans car, when you went past the pits the noise from the Mazda more than made up for the fact I was being lapped!

@david-a Is this bigger than our little group here? I don’t recall Jake, Paul and Crunch posting in this thread, and Paul mentioned something about a league this evening.

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

@lin1876 – Yeah, it’s run on http://www.precisionracingleague.com/ , those three (plus F1Fanatic users @djdaveyp87 and @shyguy1992 ) are from over there.

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

@lin1876 @mazdachris @sato113 @spud

Monza on Monday. Who will be able to race, and if you are, how do you think you’ll go?

@timtoo – Are you still going to join?

Profile photo of Lin1876
    Lin1876
    Participant

Unfortunately I’m out for the season. Shame, the big Jag would have been good round Monza.

MazdaChris
    Participant

Yep, I’ll be racing again this week. Not sure quite how I’ll go. Monza should be better suited to my car, but when I’ve been practicing I’ve been really struggling to be consistent with a low downforce setup. Particularly after the first chicane; the peaky power delivery of the car makes it hard to get a clean exit and I can see faster cars bumping me from behind there and sending me spinning. But looking at the times I think it’s the only way for me to go if I’m to have any hope of a podium finish. The speed differential is just way too big when I can stick the maximum turbo on and trim off all the downforce.

Testing times between 1:35 and 1:40, but like I say, very hard to string together fast laps without running off. And that’s without figuring on rain either. I think Ill just bang in 50 laps or so tonight and see if I can get properly into the groove.

Profile photo of baldgye
    baldgye
    Participant

Alright guys, don’t know if it’s still ok for people to join but I’d like too if I could, not sure if I’m quick enough though, using the Bentley Speed 8 ’03 a default set up and adhering to the rules and PP you’ve set up I was managing to do mid 32’s to mind 33’s on the racing soft tyres (in the dry)… though I’m not used to having all the assists off so every 4-5 laps I’d loose a few seconds as I lost the back end coming out of the second chicane… But I’ll be practicing in the wet and just doing more laps to get used to the breaking zones etc :)

But if there is room and I’m not too slow I’d love to join for at least a practice session;

Name: baldgye
    PSN: BALD_GYE
    Car Choice: Bentley Speed 8 ’03

cheers!

MazdaChris
    Participant

How strict are we being with the kerbs?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 273 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.