Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 7 hours, 32 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

Gran Turismo 5 Le Mans Series

Tagged: , , , , , ,

This topic contains 272 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David-A David-A 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

Round 11 (Season Finale Preview) copied from here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102998409@N03/10711379644/

Time & Date: 20:00GMT, Monday 11th November
    Laps: 38
    Standing Start
    Sunny & Dry Weather

Trial Mountain plays host to the final race of the season. It’s been a tough ride, but hopefully we can wrap up the season in style on Monday. Trial Mountain presents a unique challenge, a circuit largely populated by high speed corners and elevation changes, that offers players plenty of passing opportunities in its 2.5 mile layout.

In case you hadn’t seen it, here’s the video showcasing Gran Turismo 6’s new nighttime effects, which we’ll be seeing a lot more of in Season 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MnseeO_HUk

Pre-race Questions:

1) Are you going to race?
    2) How would you say the season went for you (or at least the races you did)? What was your favourite or best race?
    3) What do you think of the Trial Mountain Circuit? Any particularly interesting sections?
    4) What is you favourite Original GT Track?
    5) Will you be racing next season (starting January)?
    6) Which do you prefer out of the 2 newly unveiled tracks for GT6, the new “Gran Turismo Arena” track, or the Ascari Race Resort?

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

@magnificent-geoffrey @mazdachris @slr @shyguy1992 @spud

Who’s going to be able to race on Monday? Final race of the season, want a big grid! :)

@lin1876 – Since there were postponements for a race or two, the season has gone on longer than originally anticipated, when you had to pull out. Will you be available?
    @sirspuddington – Interested in a cheeky reserve drive at Trial Mountain?

Profile photo of shyguy1992
    shyguy1992
    Participant

I should be, although I had an assignment hand in the morning after so I may be busy stressing about that, but if its all done and dusted I will be there! :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Alright, let’s have a go then so. Practice makes perfect and all that eh? :)

Profile photo of Slr
    Slr
    Participant

It is extremely unlikely that I will be able to race I’m afraid. The only reason I was able to make the last race was because I skived my last lecture at uni on that day.

Profile photo of Lin1876
    Lin1876
    Participant

@david-a Doubt it I’m afraid. I’ll keep an eye out for anything else happening though, because I really enjoyed the races I did, even if I was at the back!

Profile photo of MazdaChris
    MazdaChris
    Participant

I should be there for the race. Haven’t done any practice yet as I’ve been off work ill with awful manflu, but I think I’m on the road to recovery now. Also – Assassin’s Creed Black Flag has been taking up pretty much all of my gaming time!

1) Are you going to race?
    That’s the plan!
    2) How would you say the season went for you (or at least the races you did)? What was your favourite or best race?
    It’s the first time I’ve really done any online racing with GT for me, so it was a bit of a leap into the unknown. I haven’t managed to do as many of the races as I’d have liked because often work will overrun for me on a Monday making it hard to get home in time. But I’ve really enjoyed it. The first couple of races were a bit scrappy for me, and it was a new thing feeling the adrenaline which comes from the pressure of racing against real life human beings who’ll notice mistakes I make. So it took a few races before I was able to comfortably race. Laguna Seca was my best race both in terms of my competitiveness and in terms of consistency. I felt like I was genuinely competing at that point, so it was a real high point for me, depsite the hiccup with the tyres. I was able to really focus and push hard when I was behind so that I could catch up with the leader and take the lead of the race. I’m hoping to have more races like that in the future.
    3) What do you think of the Trial Mountain Circuit? Any particularly interesting sections?
    I really like it. Lots of depth to the challenge of the track. The opening sequence of high speed corners demands very precise control and a good judgement of speed, then the twistier sections are a real test for grip and traction. It’s a track which tests pretty much all aspects of the car and driver, where over-driving can cost a lot of time.
    4) What is you favourite Original GT Track?
    Grand Valley has always been a good one for me. Has a great rhythm to the tack and it’s really satisfying to hook up a decent lap. But there are others which I feel were dropped too quickly – Gridelwald was a great track, and one of my all time favourites was the Yosemite track from GT4 which was a great track with some fantastic views. I wish they’d have updated that for GT5. I’ve always liked SSR5 as well, especially in heavy rear wheel drive cars with low grip. The sweeping corners with lots of direction changes make it absolutely perfect for dancing a car sideways from apex to apex.
    5) Will you be racing next season (starting January)?
    Absolutely! I plan this time on actually participating in every race and I’m going to be a bit more selective in my car choice as I genuinely think (not an excuse!) that the 787b, while awesome, is often not really fast enough to be competitive. When I’ve tried more modern alternatives I’ve often been able to beat my fastest times by a second or more which would make a massive difference over the course of a race. Of course, with GT6 not out yet, it’s going to be a challenge to amass a reasonable collection of eligible cars in the first place so my choice may be limited anyway. But next year I do plan on racing with the aim of winning the championship.
    6) Which do you prefer out of the 2 newly unveiled tracks for GT6, the new “Gran Turismo Arena” track, or the Ascari Race Resort?
    Both look great and should bring their own unique challenges.

Profile photo of MazdaChris
    MazdaChris
    Participant

I’m having a couple of hours’ practice this afternoon so I’ll open up my lobby for anyone who fancies joining me :)

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

Entry list for the final race of the season:

David_JV (@david-a) – Confirmed
    Mazdachris (@mazdachris) – Confirmed
    Ibbo1981 – Confirmed
    Jake2013guy – Confirmed
    Shyguy2008 (@shyguy1992) – Confirmed
    BALD_GYE (@baldgye) – Confirmed
    Thespuditron (@spud) – Confirmed

MagnificentGeof (@magnificent-geoffrey) – Awaiting Confirmation
    Gret_88 – Awaiting Confirmation
    Djdaveyp85 (@djdaveyp87) – Awaiting Confirmation

Slrmm (@slr) – Not racing
    Lin1876 (@lin1876) – Not racing

Sorry guys, but I’m not able to attend for this week.

Have fun without me, though!

Profile photo of shyguy1992
    shyguy1992
    Participant

Sorry to be that guy too but I probably wont be racing either :(

Though there is a slimish chance still

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Will be there shortly.

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

Lobby is open for pre-race practice

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Did anyone else get disconnected? Absolutely gutted. :/

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

@spud – Ooh, that’s unfortunate :( It was only you that had a disconnect.

Race Results, after 38 laps:
    1) Mazdachris (@mazdachris) 50:22.459
    2) David_JV (@david-a) +9.980
    3) Jake2013guy +1 lap
    4) Ibbo1981 +1 lap
    5) Gret_88 +2 laps
    6) Thespuditron (@spud) + 6 laps/Disconnected

Final Championship Standings:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102998409@N03/10813877316/

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 273 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.