Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 5 hours, 12 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

How’s your F1 2010 career going?

This topic contains 484 replies, has 87 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Spencer White Spencer White 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 481 through 485 (of 485 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom_ec1
    Tom_ec1
    Participant

You seem to get pole and win every race by massive margins. Perhaps you should consider turning some assists off next year? Or are you already on full expert mode, manual gears and all?

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

I’m sure the AI isn’t very hard to beat actually. I’m currently doing my 3rd season with Red Bull, with ABS, Auto Gearing and AI on Professional. I could hardly beat them with a gamepad, but with a wheel I’m still 1.5 seconds ahead of everyone. I’ve done some races as Vettel in Grand Prix mode on Legend, with manual gears and still won a 3 lap race by 10 seconds.

I did buy F1 2012 on Steam this weekend for 7.50, so I’ll probably start that off on the hardest modes. Just finishing my current career on F1 2010; after 3 races I have 3 poles and 3 wins, lapping nearly the entire field in Melbourne and surviving 2 punctures on the final straight at Sepang. I’m cutting back on my flashback use as well, but with a wheel I don’t make as much mistakes or corner cuts either.

I do still find the AI to be terribly random. Not only can I easily walk away in championships because any podium place seems to be followed by a non-points finish for my main rivals, back markers like to leave the ideal line and then slam right into me right before the corner. I went out of my way to end Liuzzi’s race in Malaysia for a dirty move I wish had captured.

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

Yeah of course the game is easy for me, I can’t drive with less assists because I simply can’t. Without traction control I’d struggle to get past turn 1. The AIs themselves are at their maximum strength.
    I’ll now have to do a championship on Expert difficulty to win the GFWL badge, but as my 7-year career is over I’ll edit the settings to have one-lap races because, honestly, three years later I have no more time to waste on this game as I’m only halfway-through my first F1 2012 season.
    Also, at the end of this season the game crashed and won’t let me continue onto my second year, so I’ve re-installed it and hopefully I can complete a 7-year career without restarting it, to win the other GFWL badge.

Race 15: Singapore
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 1st
    The Lotus drivers were incredibly quick in practice and kept that up in qualifying, knocking the Renaults out of Q1 and making it to Q3, where Trulli qualified 2nd and Kovalainen 5th. I was first on hard tyres and Button was 8th. I led Trulli, Schumacher, Kovalainen and Rosberg at the start and the gaps got greater between each of us as the laps went by. Trulli pitted on lap 4 but although I was clearly the fastest driver some small mistakes had reduced my lead to just over a second, so I pushed harder for the remaining laps before my own pit stop. Trulli came out 4th but Schumacher, just a little further behind, was caught up in traffic and on lap 5 Kovalainen and Rosberg pitted, and the Finn took 3rd behind his team mate. I pitted on lap 8 and came out ahead of Trulli by a few tenths, but by the end of the lap I had extended them to 3 seconds, and Schumacher overtook Kovalainen. I couldn’t set a clean lap and Trulli remained a few seconds behind; on the last lap I had a spin and got going again just before Trulli overtook me, and I won. Lotus and Mercedes alternated the positions between 2nd and 5th, and Button finished 6th.

Race 16: Japan
    I took pole by almost one second on hard tyres, Button was fourth, just over a second slower than my time. Alonso, Webber and Button overtook Schumacher in the first corners, but the German fought back and passed my team mate before becoming the first driver to pit on lap 3. As we saw many times during the season, the early stop left him vulnerable to traffic, and he dropped out of the points. The top 3 positions did not change after the pit stops, and I had extended my lead by avoiding to pit in the early stages of the race when I would have found backmarkers on my way. Vettel had passed Button for fourth, but on the last lap Alonso crashed from 2nd place, promoting the two Red Bulls on the podium and Button just behind them.

Race 17: South Korea
    I had to make two runs in Q3 to take pole position, but I had saved two sets of hard tyres so I had no problems. Jenson was 2nd, 3 tenths off my time. Button stayed behind me and Webber took 3rd off Massa on lap 2, and because of a small mistake my team mate was within a second of me when he pitted on lap 4. He lost out to Webber and Schumacher in the pits and when I stopped he was eleven seconds behind me, in fourth position. I had no problems in administrating my five-second lead on Webber and won the race with my fifth-consecutive grand slam.

Race 18: Brazil
    This time I waited until 90 seconds were left in Q3 before I left for my timed lap, and I was slow in sector 1 because of a mistake at turn 1, but recovered and took pole by nearly a second on Schumacher and Massa, separated by a thousandth of a second, and over one on Button and Webber. Button took 2nd and Webber took 4th with Schumacher between them, and this battle helped me put some seconds between me and the rest of the field. However, I quickly noticed that, a little per lap, my lead was being cut shorter and shorter, but the problems did not come before my rivals pitted. Button, Webber and Massa pitted on lap 3 and it was clear they were on two-stop strategies: Button also lost a position to Webber, which he later earned back when the Australian pitted again, but he lost it once more after his own second stop. Schumacher pitted on lap 5 and Rosberg followed him on the succeeding lap, coming out ahead of his team mate. I pitted on lap 9 of 14 and came out literally inches ahead of Rosberg, as we raced down the Senna S, me in the pit lane and him on the track. I shut the door on him after the white pit line, and he tried to pass me on the inside but I braked late. What could have been a brilliant battle was cut short as my new soft tyres were much more performing than his old hard ones, and I ran away towards my 15th grand slam of the season. Rosberg, Schumacher, Sutil and Vettel made it four Germans in the top 5, Trulli and Buemi closed the top 10 ahead of Webber and Button.

Race 19: Abu Dhabi
    I took a record 19th pole out of 19 races (and my 21st consecutive) beating my team mate by 3 tenths on hard tyres. He and Massa fought at the start and that allowed me to pull away quickly; de la Rosa then battled with Massa for 3rd place before Schumacher overtook him. Massa and Schumacher pitted on lap 2 and de la Rosa and Rosberg on lap 3, so Webber found himself in a podium position without overtaking anyone. Button pitted on lap 4 and only fell to 3rd, Webber followed him one lap later and Button took 2nd place back. I pitted on lap 7 and came out ten seconds ahead of Button, and from then on it was an easy way towards my record 7th-consecutive grand slam and my 19th win in as many races, and my 23rd consecutive victory. Button made my final career race special by finishing on the podium for only the second time this year, but both times it gave McLaren a one-two. That lifted Jenson to 5th in the standings behind Webber, Schumacher and Rosberg. Both Mercedes out of the top 10 meant that Webber’s third place and Vettel’s fourth granted Red Bull second place in the Constructors’ Championship by ten points over Mercedes. Every team scored points during the season, Chandhok and Glock being the only drivers never to score a top-10 finish; 14 different drivers finished on the podium’s lower two steps. In just one season I doubled the number of grand slams I had scored in my previous six seasons.

Season Summary
    Wins: 19 – Poles: 19 – Doubles: 19 – Grand Slams: 16

1. Bahrain – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    2. Australia – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    3. Malaysia – 1st + 1st
    4. China – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    5. Spain – 1st + 1st
    6. Monaco – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    7. Turkey – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    8. Canada – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    9. Europe – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    10. Great Britain – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    11. Germany – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    12. Hungary – 1st + 1st
    13. Belgium – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    14. Italy – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    15. Singapore – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    16. Japan – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    17. South Korea – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    18. Brazil – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    19. Abu Dhabi – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)

Drivers’ Championship
    1. Me – 475
    2. Webber – 177
    3. Schumacher – 150

Constructors’ Championship
    1. McLaren – 610
    2. Red Bull – 307
    3. Mercedes – 297

Wiki-style tables of:
    Season 7 standings: http://bit.ly/17e9xpa
    My race results: http://bit.ly/PUtKWZ
    My career summary: http://bit.ly/19SEGUM
    My qualifying results: http://bit.ly/140KQKD

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

I am so done with this game.

I’ve been stuck on the Chinese GP of season 3/3 for Red Bull for a while now, because the game just keeps screwing me over at some point in the weekend.

Swerving is an all too common problem with the AI in this game, but so are the penalties, so I’ve had many times of getting a grid penalty before I even got a flying lap in FP1. Or FP3. Today, however, things went alright and I qualified on pole from Alonso and Hamilton.

In turn one, Hamilton pushed me wide, Alonso spun and there was mayhem. I managed to get into T2 1st, with Button 2nd and ALG 3rd. I kept pulling away and (at 50% distance) made my stop on lap 10 for primes. I got out in front of Button and decided to go a little slower on the primes to make them last. Seemingly, I did it wrong, as in lap 18 I had a left-front puncture, right in the middle of T1. I made it back to the pit in the lead, but both Button and ALG passed me and had done their pitstops. I decided to go for Options, figuring it’d be easier for me to push 5 laps and finish the race on destroyed tyres, than lose a second per lap to what I could do and maybe not get to Button in time. It didn’t help I hit the wall on entering the pitlane and it set me back to the final turn because I ‘entered a restricted area’ somehow.

ALG proceeded to swerve, block and even spun me round, which lead to me frustratingly making a move that couldn’t work and spinning again. It took me 2 laps to get past him and I had lost a lot of time. I put in 2 laps that were faster than my pole time and reeled in Button on the pit straight on lap 24. I decided to go a little easier on my tyres again, as Button had gone round in T2 and my fronts went orange.

At the end of lap 25 I suffered a right-rear puncture. Into the pits, got out on P6, just behind Alonso. As I plan to make a move down his inside on T6, he swerves, I go to the outside, hit his rear, get a penalty, and spin off.

I’m moving on to F1 2012 and do not plan on enabling damage, wear or start a career until I have the idea the AI is somewhat more dependable.

Profile photo of Spencer White
    Spencer White
    Participant

Quick summary
    Season 1 – HRT:
    Bahrain Practice:24th
    Bahrain Quali:24th
    Bahrain Race:21st
    Australia Practice:24th
    Australia Qualifying:23rd
    Australia Race:DNF

Viewing 5 posts - 481 through 485 (of 485 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.