Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 1 day, 8 hours ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

iRacing Thread

This topic contains 394 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of George George 9 hours, 56 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 395 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Fer no.65
    Fer no.65
    Participant

@george this is fantastic help, mate, very much appreciated !

I’ll definetly come to you to ask questions in the (probably very near) future ! :)

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant
    Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

@fer-no65 @joey-poey

Well week 13’s almost up, have you guys sorted your plans for s3 yet?

Profile photo of Malthe Villumsen
    Malthe Villumsen
    Participant

Is anyone going to drive the skippy for next season ? .
    I will start up again, i’ve had a long break because of some backproblems that didn’t allow me to drive, but i think i will start up again this season .

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

I might run skips, I fancy something low maintenance this season.

Fer no.65
    Participant

I made some enemies recently :P Week 13 really is madness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdkKcnTFuFw :P

I’m planning on racing 2 of the following 3 D Class series: Cadillacs, Solstice (boring thing!), Spec Fords. I’ll probably try my luck with the Spec Ford, which is something I can drive more or less safely and fast, and try to get used to the faster Caddy.

I’ll buy my first pack of 6 tracks to do the 8 weeks needed to get the 10 dollars in credit. Then I’ll see if I can get the Skippy or something else. :)

you @george ?

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

Heh yeah I usually stick to hosted races in week 13, doing the Lotus 79 at Long Beach later which hopefully should have better driving standards :P.

Have you tried the Caddy yet? It’s an absolute beast (not necessarily in a good way), like driving a bucking bronco. I always preferred the Solstice to the MX5, although I haven’t driven either in a long time. The SRF is fairly similar to the Skip but I’m not a big fan, feels heavy in comparison and the rear end is very tight.

Fer no.65
    Participant

@george I’ve tried it and it’s incredibly difficult. Quite tail happy and incredibly heavy on the front, like it’s never turning in. But I guess I have to give it a try and race it, because it’s the most powerful car I currently own.

I’d like to get the Skippy but to do a full season with it I need to buy even more tracks. I’ll leave that for season 4 I suppose.

I prefer teh MX5. Maybe because I’ve been racing it since day 1. The Solstice in comparision feels like a street car, while the Mazda is like a little touring car.

BTW just had the most amaizing race ever. Started from the pitlane, overtook everyone up to 4th at Lime Rock with the MX5. Missed 4th at the line by 0.008 secs because a backmaker (who was fair, making way and all) slowed me down and I lost momentum.

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

@fer-no65 Yeah it’s tricky, here’s a demo lap I did for the world cup earlier this year, I ended up doing pretty well in the race but it took a lot of practice to get consistent laps in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdVhYD6b6ss

Nice work, Lime Rock isn’t the easiest place to overtake or make up time on. My L79 race went pretty well, finished 47 seconds ahead and lapped 3/4 of the field. Was good training for lapping traffic I suppose :P

Fer no.65
    Participant

@george you certainly are good ! I cannot imagine how that Lotus behaves. It must be terribly difficult!

I’ll try later to get the Caddy round Laguna and see how far off your pace I am :P!

Fer no.65
    Participant

@george BTW, what kind of wheel and pedals are you using? :) just out of curiosity!

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

@fer-no65 The grip levels can vary a lot with the weather, here are the settings and setup I was using http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3243916.page (it was two seasons ago so not sure the setup still works). I’m using an old stock Logitech G25 and single monitor.

The L79 is actually quite nice to drive, it’s obviously quite frenetic being an F1 car but it pretty much does what you expect, you can really play with it on the throttle which I like.

Fer no.65
    Participant

@george Got some enemies already…

God was Week 13 stressful. I did a lot of races, and had an astonishing rate of incidents… Maybe the splits were too fast so I got ahead of myself more often than not.

Hope once Season 3 starts, I’ll be against closer competition.

I’m planning on doing the Cadillac, and/or the Spec Ford and/or the Solstice. Buying a 6 track pack would allow me to do 8 weeks of 2 of those season, and get the 10 dollars back. Hope I manage it!

You guys?

Profile photo of Joey-Poey
    Joey-Poey
    Participant

I’ve finally put the covers on my Lotus 49 now that the new update neutered it to a sad degree. In recent weeks I’ve discovered how much fun the Solstice is (really gets a bad rap) so I’ve started running the GT Cup. Turned out to be a wise move. Won in my first official Solstice race. The new format with the Mustang/Jetta/Solstice seems to work pretty well.

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

Ok, I have a rough idea that I’m just going to race for fun this season, so might join you for a few Solstice races @joey-poey

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 395 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.